chester  meadows, Chester

chester meadows, Chester

Review of "chester meadows, Chester"

published 11/08/2017 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
Back home again after a couple of weeks in the Pyrenees
Pro nature
Cons none
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Meandering in Chester Meadows"

chester  meadows, Chester

chester meadows, Chester

Chester Meadows
While in Chester on a sunny morning I had a stroll in the Meadows.

~~Location, access.
The Meadows
These are. Water meadows which can flood at times are on the south side of the river Dee in Chester.
I accessed the meadows from Chester town over the Old Dee Bridge a bit nearer the meadows is the Suspension Bridge but I thought I would prefer walking over the Old Dee Bridge.
I suspect you can enter the meadows from the houses on the opposite side of the meadows to the river.
I walked along the riverside past the few buildings along a good path under the suspension bridge out the other side and walk on a little till I come to a gate information boards by the side of the gate giving the alternate name of the meadows as Earl’s Eye Meadows .
From here I walk along the river Dee on the edge of the Meadows. There is a footpath along the river past the meadows for a couple of miles to the next bridge. (I did not walk all this way)

There are a couple of paths across the meadows. To some degree these paths seem suitable for baby buggy or disabled scooter.

The meadows are open grassland with a small woodland area some trees around the edges.
While I was there I noticed a few people dog walking and just generally enjoying the open space.
This area appears to be an area for wildlife, suitable for bird's butterflies and other insects. I was only there for an hour or so do not know what is present but looked fair territory.

After beginning my walk in the Meadows I came across a shed for canoes and boats. Also a school group were on the river Dee learning how to canoe (Its amazing just retired from working in a school and wherever I visit there's groups of school children)
Looking across at the other side of the Dee to where I was. The houses looked posh, grand large garden's and riverside mooring's (a bit like Henley)

~~~~Websites of interest

~~Would I recommend ?
Yes a pleasant place to walk

• RICHADA published 17/08/2017
    Mmm....pleasant enough until it floods very quickly! A long time since I've been down the Dee at Chester. R.
  • kiss_me2070 published 14/08/2017