co-opXest.com

Home & Garden

Review of "co-opXest.com"

published 08/02/2010 | TedW
Member since : 28/01/2010
Pro Excellent service, value for money, clever ideas, lovely friendly staff
Cons None!

"Excellent Xest - simply the Best!"

I have been so impressed with co-opXest that I felt I had to write in praise of it. It’s not often these days that you find a company that offers really excellent, caring service with superb value for money. Co-operative Xest is an online shop and catalogue that specialises in all sorts of useful items that help around the home, especially if (like me) you’re not as young as you used to be.

Range & Quality of products
----------------------------------------
Co-opXest have a really extensive range, I’ve been amazed at the items that they offer, really brilliant products that I never knew existed! They are very usefully laid out by rooms around the house, and include ideas for the bathroom, bedroom, living room and even outdoors. Everything I have bought has been of the highest quality and very reasonably priced. They sell items that require some sensitivity (see my review of the basketweave commode chair) but also just jolly useful things, such as their daylight reading lamp, which was £30 cheaper than I’ve seen it sold elsewhere.

Ordering
------------
Although co-opXest do not have a shop that you can go to, you don’t have to order on their website if you don’t want to. They have a freephone telephone number and the staff that I have spoken to have always been incredibly polite and helpful, and they don’t rush you if you suddenly find you’ve lost the relevant page in the catalogue. You can even order on the website and then post them your payment, if you don’t like putting your card details into the computer.

Delivery
-----------
I have been very pleased with the delivery service, everything I’ve ordered has arrived within 1-2 days and they only charge £2.45 for postage if you spend under £40, otherwise it is free. Importantly, the items arrive very well (but discretely) packaged. They are also very helpful if you need to return something, the lady I spoke to couldn’t have been nicer. Which brings me onto…..

Customer Service
------------------------
I think that this is often the thing that is of most worry when you are buying by computer or catalogue. When you are in a shop, you can see what the service is like, is it staffed by disinterested teenagers that treat an older person like a fool (sorry, pet hate!)? Co-opXest’s customer service really is excellent. Everyone I’ve dealt with had been really helpful and very friendly, from the top to the bottom, and they do seem to really care that you are happy! I wrote to their MD about an idea I had for a product that they could sell but expected an answer from their “customer services dept” which is what usually happens, but I was very pleased to receive a proper letter from the lady herself, who had clearly read what I had sent her.

In Summary
----------------
I think you can tell that I really do like Co-opXest, I know it usual for a review to include both positives and negatives but I can truly say that I’ve had no negative experiences and I can’t recommend them highly enough.