consumerpulse.co.uk

Reward & Loyalty

Review of "consumerpulse.co.uk"

published 01/10/2007 | kingfisher111
Member since : 05/02/2006
Enjoying the lovely summer holidays with my girls!
Pro great way to make a little extra
Cons invitation only

"Is your finger on the consumer pulse?"

If you are anything like me and always on the look out for good internet sites where you can make a little extra money, then you will be very interested in consumer pulse. This is a site where you can enter details about your shopping for very decent rewards.

Unfortunately, you cannot just go and sign up to consumer pulse - you will need to wait for an invitation by email. The only way to get one of these is probably to be signed up to a number of cashback sites and hope that this is one of their offers. Both my sister and I received our invitations via Mutual Points so if what I am about to tell you does interest you, it might be worth signing up to that site.

Once you have received your email you will get a link to the consumerpulse site where you will need to fill in all the usual details and provide a password in order to sign up. Then you are ready to start earning money whilst spending it on your shopping!

There are four different shopping categories that consumer pulse is interested in - clothes, health and beauty, entertainment and phones & accessories. I have no idea why it is only these and nothing else, but these categories haven't changed since I joined at the start of the year.

You can go on the site and enter shopping details as often as you like but it is definitely worth logging in at least once a week. This is because you will always get 500 points (equal to 50p) just for doing this each week even if you have not bought anything! However, if you're anything like me, most weeks you will have had a little shopping trip!

For each item you have bought in the above categories there are a number of questions you have to answer. These do vary depending on the category but generally there are between about ten and fifteen to answer. If you have bought an item of clothing they might ask who was it bought for, what was the style, was there an offer, how did you pay, etc, etc... If it's a book you will have to enter author, title, ISBN number. They also want to know the shop and whether it was online. None of these questions are very difficult to answer and all in all it only takes a couple of minutes to enter all the information they want to know. For every item you enter you will receive 500 points which as I said earlier is equal to 50 pence. So you can see that from a simple shopping trip where you have bought a number of items it is possible to earn a few pounds very easily!

There is a limit to the number of items which you can enter in any month. It is about sixteen items and I suppose they have to limit it because otherwise people might just be entering old shopping purchases just to get the money! Even with this restriction though I generally earn about £10 per month which is probably much better than a lot of the survey sites - and of course you never get screened out!

You also occasionally receive emails telling you that there is a short survey to do on the site. These generally pay out about 500 points as well. Also, another nice touch is that when it is your birthday they send you 500 points as a present. I believe there is also an aniversary present for the date when you joined. I will have to wait for January for that one though!

So what do you do with all these points you are accumulating? Well, when you have £10 in points you can redeem these for various vouchers. These include Woolworths, Virgin, Thomas Cook, House of Fraser, Homebase and Odeon to name but a few. And you can see from that small selection that they do cater for all tastes. I have twice redeemed for Woolworths vouchers and it really is an easy process. Also the vouchers have always arrived within about a week so there is no lengthy wait like you sometimes get! You can also donate your money to charity - at the moment you can choose from Cancer Research, NSPCC or UNICEF - all good causes and a very nice idea!

So overall I think consumerpulse has been well worth joining. It really is quite easy money for a few minutes inputting. The web site is also very clear and easy to navigate and there are the usual FAQs if you need them.

I am really glad that I joined this site, and if you ever get an invitation to join I would suggest that you do because it's definitely worth it!

• silverstreak published 12/10/2007
    This sounds a bit like GFK What I Buy, who now call themselves Consumer Jury, except that they just give an entry into a prize draw instead of awarding points which actually have some value. I shall have to look out for an invitation to this one!
  • jesi published 08/10/2007
    l expect l've been invited to join and missed the offer. . . . ~ ! ♥♥ ! ~ ........................................................... ~ jes ~ ! ♥♥ !
  • Paul99ine published 02/10/2007
    I've just finished letting them know of today's purchases. tomorrow I'll order my next £10 voucher for Debenhams. ;o) Pauline. xx