CheekyCha... 4

CheekyCharlie08

About me: Hi, I'm Charlotte and I'm back to Ciao to make some Christmas spends #skintstudent All my reviews are cross posted from Dooyoo

Member since:12.04.2012

Not As Big As They Look!

12.04.2012

Advantages:
Look nice in the bottom of the tank

Disadvantages:
Not very big

14 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. char2011
  2. brittle1906
  3. JasonJRogers
  1. koshkha
  2. anonymili
  3. Anna_Can_Fly

I had a discount voucher for Pets At Home, we've got one of their shops just down the road so I wouldn't normally bother ordering off them online but this was a proper generous voucher and I also got free delivery.

One of the bits I ordered to make up my minimum order was a Star Fish ornament for our fish tank, I got 2 actually and it's a good job because it's TINY compared to how it looks in the picture on the website and just one would have looked proper naff!

They do look nice but only measure about 11cm across, I should have checked the measurements before I brought it but I was majorly disappointed with the size of it because it wasn't all that cheap at £3.49 each.

We got 1 in green and 1 in blue, they are ornaments really but on the Pets At Home website it says you can use them to cover filters and stuff like that. I haven't done that because the star fish look good just arranged on the gravel and you can't hardly see our filters round the plants anyway. Actually I don't think the middles of them are big enough to hide any of the mechanical bits in the tank, and I don't know why you'd want to cover them up anyway!!!

It's made of plastic but the plastic is rough so that the ornaments look like they're made out of stone that has been outside for years. They sit nice because are weighted good and neither of ours have been disturbed even when the fish swim into them. The fish haven't took much notice of the star fish ornaments, a few of them went over and had a sniff when they first went in but ever since they've not bothered about them.

When I first got the ornament I thought it felt a bit dusty so I gave it a wash before I put it in the tank, it's probably best to do that with anything you're putting in your tank but this ornament never felt very clean when it was new.

Recommended.... a bit expensive for the size but they look nice in the tank!

« Previous review

brittle1906 13.04.2012 08:56

Welcome to Ciao x

JasonJRogers 12.04.2012 23:44

I bought a golden willy award off of amazon thinking it was going to be a little bigger and can't believe how small that turned out to be...fab review!

supersonic75 12.04.2012 21:49