cv-shop.com

cv-shop.com

Review of "cv-shop.com"

published 16/06/2011 | G.A.A.C
Member since : 16/06/2011
Pro quick service, helpful customer service team, great CV experts,
Cons not the cheapest service around,
Web site content
Speed
Navigation
Layout & Design
Content Update

"A fantastic career boost from CV-Shop"

After I was made redundant from the accountancy firm I worked at for 7 years, I felt lost and didn’t have a clue what to do next. I got the job straight after I finished University, and I didn’t have to write a CV for my application. It was my father’s friends company, and as I had done previous work experience for them, they knew what I had to offer, so gave me the job. Unfortunately the company started to suffer, so I lost my job 7 years later.

I went to CV-Shop for a variety of reasons, mainly because I hadn’t written a CV before, and didn’t really know what I was doing. Plus a friend of mine used them, and I thought the CV they created for her was fantastic. She had written CVs before, and even she struggled, so I thought id follow in her footsteps!

Before I contacted them, I had a look at their website to find out some more about them, and I thought the website itself looked very professional and was easy to navigate. I rang their customer services line, and spoke to a very friendly young woman who listened intently to my story. After I supplied her with some information about myself, she suggested what CV service would be best for me. She explained how the ordering process worked, as well as describing in detail all of the guarantees they offer their clients. After speaking to her, I filled in their online order form and ordered an intermediate CV, and that is where it all started.

Throughout the process they kept me updated, and responded to my emails instantly (well within 20 minutes). They are open from 8am to 11pm so I could ring them at most times of the day and receive answers to any questions I had. I thought the price of the CV I ordered was reasonable, not too cheap and by no means extremely expensive.

When I received my completed CV, I was astonished. I didn’t realise how many skills I had developed over the years working at the accountancy firm, as I had never had it in writing. The CV Expert that completed my order transformed all of my achievements, skills, attributes, experience, education etc into a document that really sold me as a fantastic accountant! As well as creating me a great CV, the CV Expert really boosted my confidence, as losing my job had dented my self esteem quite significantly.

After receiving my CV I threw my self into job hunting, and I managed to secure many interviews. CV-Shop are also very helpful, as they provide free assistance and advice about interviews and what to do after you have sent out your CV. For me this was very valuable as well, as I benefitted greatly from their tips.

I have used CV-Shop a couple of times since my CV was completed, as they provide great letter writing services as well. I ordered an application follow up, and a few advertisement response letters from them. I knew they provided top quality work, and wanted to give all aspects of application a professional; touch.

Also, they offer a month of free amendments for their CV orders. I applied for a job in a similar field, and they adapted my CV for free to suit that job, which I really do think is amazing.

Overall I think this company is outstanding, as they provide professional and caring assistance to their customers. Their CV experts are fantastic, and because of the services they provided me with, I now have an amazing new job.