cv-shop.com

cv-shop.com

Review of "cv-shop.com"

published 19/06/2014 | MovingOn123
Member since : 19/06/2014
Pro Indirect: I found out that I can challenge poor service through card company!
Cons Expensive waste of time, energy and money
Web site content
Speed
Navigation
Layout & Design
Content Update

"Very poor - worst CV experience ever from CV-Shop!"

I've been around a while, and done many different jobs in different fields, so my CV is a bit more complicated than many. So, decided time to get it professionally edited again - this was my 4th time. Been very happy with previous ones - all of which were free! Due to my circumstances decided worth paying this time.

So, I opted for CV-Shop because of the guarantees they have on their home page: 100% satisfaction & 1 month amendment promise. BIG MISTAKE! Neither of these were adhered to in my case and I can say without doubt that this was the worst CV I have ever had done. Showed it to several friends, some of who recruit and they all said no way could I use it!!!

I spoke to the customer services at the company afterwards and they weren't interested, said I'd got what I requested and what I paid for. Turns out only entitled to 1 edit, even if the edit doesn't do what you've requested - not sure how that fits with 100% satisfied and 1 month amendment promise???

Challenging Poor Service:
Didn't really know how else to challenge it, but did my research and found out that you can through your bank/card provider - as you pay by card if you're not happy with services received - basically if you're not provided with what was promised, you can challenge it. Unfortunately for me I found out too late - you have to do it within 90 days, I was just outside this time frame, but people I spoke to said that it would be considered impartially, which is more than can be siad for the CV-shop's customer services dept.

Free CV advice:
I've since had my CV given the once over for free through the National Careers Service - the guy I saw actually winced when I told him I'd used CV-shop. Wish I'd spoken to him first.

Also if you're a school leaver or graduate, your University, School or College will likely have a careers service who can help. One of my free CV re-do's was though the Uni careers service and was very helpful - definitely a much more productive and positive experience than CV-shop!

If you're unemployed you can see someone through your local job centre and if you're working there's always the HR department if you have one or some employers sign up for a phone support service for staff, which frequently includes advice such as CVs.

In short I'd say don't do it - don't use CV-shop. Try one of the other options, I've used all of them now and all have been much more productive and pleasant experiences, with the added bonus of being free. If you do or have used them though and are less than 100% satisfied, then consider challenging it. I wish I'd figured it out before the 90 days, as I feel if they go unchallenged then there's no incentive to be true to their word.

And then their's the reviews. This is actually the first one I've written online (other than one or 2 tick box on amazon, and this same review posted on another review site). Never felt compelled to, but then never had such awful service before!

• cr01 published 19/06/2014
    Good advice - must say that I'd only ever write my own CV. Your review might have been more helpful if you had explained what the errors where.... did they miss jobs, was the formatting poor?