Stu2002 1

Stu2002

Member since:03.04.2002

What no customer support.

04.04.2002

Advantages:
Few, competive prices if everything goes OK

Disadvantages:
Complete lack of customer support .

Recommendable No:

9 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. ipenning
  2. robvz
  3. lereddevil
  1. temporalbandit

Over the past 12 to 18 months I have purchased a number of computer items from dabs.com. Throughout this time there has been a steady reduction in the quality of their service.
The level of technical support is very poor and the method by which queries and returns are dealt with shows a complete lack of knowledge, professionalism and understanding of consumers’ needs.

For example:-
With the intention of building a new PC I purchased a motherboard, case, CPU, memory and DVD/CD in early December 2001.
Upon initial assembly the CPU failed, burning itself out within a minute of power up. Since I was unable to obtain any assistance from the technical support team I decided to have the whole system independently checked, at my own cost. This revealed that the CPU had failed and that the other components were fine.
The CPU was then returned using their returns procedure.
After a week or so a refund was issued, I had requested a replacement.
I subsequently ordered a replacement which also failed to work, this time nothing functioned at all. Having requested but not received assistance from the technical support team I was left with no alternative but to return this CPU also.

A replacement was eventually issued. CPU No3 also failed to provide a working system. Again failing to obtain any assistance from dabs.com I suspected the CPU to be fault and returned it.
After more than a week had passed the CPU was returned, without any prior advice, with a report saying there was no fault. In light of no available technical assistance from dabs I returned the motherboard believing it to be the likely failed item.
After numerous emails and phone calls I was advised that a replacement motherboard was not available since the model had been discontinued. Dabs then refunded the cost of the motherboard.

I have since obtained a replacement, at a higher price, from an alternative supplier. This has subsequently revealed that the power supply of the case, supplied by dabs, has in fact failed although it illuminates the power on LED.

Upon discovering this I requested a return and refund of the case. Without contacting me in advance dabs decided to send out a replacement power supply on 24 hour delivery. One week has passed and I am currently still waiting for this item to arrive. It has been “lost in transit” by Parcel force.

In short my plan of having a new computer for Christmas has not materialised and some four months later I am left out of pocket, annoyed and disillusioned.

This has not been the only story of woe.

Dabs appear to have a very polished user interface with a good selection of products at competitive prices but when the slightest thing goes wrong the customer is treated in an unacceptable way.

temporalbandit 08.08.2005 00:10

Seems like you've had a bad time of it- it's never acceptable to be treated like this by a company. Having said that, I must offer some defence for the company regarding my experiences- I have bought many things from dabs.com and the only problem I had was when I once bought a memory upgrade for my laptop, they sent out the wrong type. It was actually a larger amount of RAM than I'd originally ordered, so I wouldn't have complained but the chip was too large to fit into the laptop. One simple email didn't get a response, but the follow-up by much more strongly worded email got them working. They picked up the package via a courier and at their cost, and I was sent a replacement very quickly. It does seem that they were recluctant at first, but some strong words got them moving.

Thee-peterperfect 07.05.2004 01:28

And if you think these are bad. try www.planetmicro.co.uk you will think dabs are angels.

joekelly11 08.06.2003 23:34

It seems that you just had a bad case. I have had great customer support on the couple of occasions when I have needed to contact them.