Review of "digital-fusion.co.uk"

published 02/08/2009 | sunnyfox
Member since : 17/09/2003
Sorry about my absence - Rosie has undergone major surgery and nearly died. On the mend now
Pro Quick service, well packed parcel, nice prices
Cons I can't think of any

"Enthusing about Digital Fusion"

I do a lot of online shopping for the same reasons as most other people - price, convenience, choice and so on. When my new laptop began to overheat due to excessive gaming (!!!) I discovered it was possible to buy laptop cooling pads (more on that coming soon...no, really, I promise:).

Now, I was impatient to get back to the gaming, and had a browse on several sites for the said cooling products with the intention of popping out to a shop beginning with C that is located not far from me, but then I noticed the prices they were charging - two to three times as much as non-high street venues. It was at this point that I found Digital Fusion, after using a popular search engine which I won't discuss here ;).

Digital Fusion is an online computer store, selling everything you would expect from such a place. The categories of goods you can buy are as follows:

Accessories
Projectors and Presentation Screens
Scanners and cameras
Software
Telephony Equipment

I didn't delve into these categories in any detail, so am unable to comment on the range of products available in each. It was, after all, a fairly flying visit involving a search for a specific piece of equipment.

A quick search of the site turned up what I was looking for, and I noticed that for low stock items there is a live stock check too. Prices are very reasonable, comparing well with other sites, and are shown with and without VAT, so anyone exempt can laugh at those of us that have to pay it. Payment can be made through Google checkout, if you have it, but I used the Visa payments option. Since I am an impatient little shopper, I paid for next day delivery. The surcharge for this was very reasonable at £2.95 for the UK.

Yes, my parcel arrived the very next afternoon, and I was delighted to be able to resume laptop gaming without the threat of crashes. The goods were very well packed, with plenty of those air pillows (I don't know what they're called, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about), and arrived in good condition.

Overall, I was very happy with the sales and service received from Digital Fusion. It was easy to find what I wanted, goods were in stock, and delivery was super quick. There are a couple of things I can't comment on (customisable content and purchase tracking) because I bought on a one off basis without creating an account. However, I wouldn't hesitate to use this site again and would recommend you have a look if you are ever in the market for computer gubbins.

• grandchamp published 02/09/2009
    Good to see not all experiences are like the last comment on here.
  • anonymili published 04/08/2009
    I ordered a scanner from this lot back in January and paid £4.99 for delivery which took 4 weeks. I vowed never to use them again especially as they never bothered informing me there would be a delay and only said they were out of stock when I chased them 2 weeks after placing the order. Definitely not a company I would use again or recommend :)
  • suehome published 04/08/2009