dixons.com

Review of "dixons.com"

published 09/04/2010 | fencer_blue
Member since : 09/04/2010
Pro DISGRACEFUL SERVICE, ILL INFORMED STAFF, COMPLETE SHAMBLES
Cons With the above advantages, can there be anymore disadvantages?

"Dixons.com experience - Nikon D5000 & lense kit"

This is arguably the most painful online shopping experience I have ever encountered since I started online shopping - about 10 years ago.

WEBSITE, PURCHASING & PRICE:
===========================

The site is easy enough to navigate, if a little slow to change pages. The information is, at best, sparse in most cases and in this case positively secretive - no detailed information regarding the lense and possibly incorrect description of the box contents. But with the Easter special offer of a further 5% discount I bit the bullet and placed the order, having first created an account.

The payment was processed and the credit card I used to pay with went through my bank's own security system with no problems following which a order summary flashed on screen. Assuming I would be emailed this I did not save the page. I received an email confirming my account had been set up and then nothing else! No confirmation email regarding my order nothing.

FOLLOW UP SERVICE & DELIVERY INFORMATION:
========================================

I received a phone call from Dixons 2 days after I placed my order asking me to confirm delivery address and products ordered. At this stage I was starting to get a little nervous as they also mentioned that they had just completed carrying out security checks!?! What these checks were, they did not clarify and how much more security can a retailer carry out that a bank confirming payment can not? I was told that I would be sent an email later on that day (2nd day), which naturally did not arrive.

I called on the afternoon on the 3rd day to enquire about the status of the order and was told the same thing regarding security checks etc and could expect an email confirming delivery times over the weekend or begining of the following week! When I ask for a confimation email that my order had been received I was told that a request would be put through to the relevant department and "should" be sent shortly! The person I spoke with did not seem to know what was happening nor supply any information regarding the status of the order.

DELIVERY?
=========

Its now end of the 4th day, I have received no "Confirmation of order" email, I have no idea if the order has been processed or packed and I have no indication that I will actually receive my goods. I do know that my credit card has been charged though.

CONCLUSION
============

If official UK stock and every penny saved are your priorities then buy from here at your own peril. Despite the size and "reputation" of this group they demostrate behaviour that would put 3rd rate drop shippers to shame. I have without fail, received better service and communications from eBay suppliers than this experience. They do not seem to even have a SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) manual, or if they did, do not train their staff with it, at least it does not appear so from my experience.