charis18u... 4

charis18uk

About me: Finally wrote my first review in just over three years!

Member since:26.06.2001

Hmmm PIZZA

25.07.2001

Advantages:
No Need To Leave The House

Disadvantages:
A Little Pricey & Don't Take Credit Cards

12 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. MissTopaz
  2. suereaney
  3. stuleg

There I was sat watching The Simpson’s. Feeling a little peckish, couldn’t be bothered to cook. Well actually I had been suffering from morning sickness for 2 months & as I saw the advert for Domino Pizza come on I just knew I HAD to have a pizza. It was just the only thing I felt like eating. Well that’s my excuse anyway!!

I knew I wanted pizza but wasn’t sure what type I fancied. Being totally unorganised I didn’t have a menu to hand either. I could have phoned up the nearest outlet but I really didn’t fancy trying to decipher a menu across the phone line with someone who I had never met.

From the depths of my memory I remembered that Domino Pizza have the facility to order over the Internet. I was quite excited about this. Being fairly new to this Internet shopping lark it felt like a bit of a novelty. I searched briefly and found the website.

On arriving at the website your greeted by one of those flashy animated introductions that I rarely take any notice of. To the left of the screen was a point & click menu, to the left pictures of onions! Very Bizarre, the onions I mean. The point & click menu items included ‘Register’ always a good place to start! So off I went.

I was next greeted by a request to enter my post code to see if they delivered to my area. I liked this because there is nothing worse than doing a bit of online shopping getting to the checkout & they don’t deliver to your area. Glad to see we’re getting this bit out the way first. As it happens, it accepted my postcode.

The next screen then listed my nearest store, opening times & telephone number. I thought this was quite handy even if I was just after the contact details. I was also yet again prompted to ‘Register’ oh yeah and there are these dodgy pictures of happy smiley people with grins cheesier than the pizza’s. That coupled with the ‘Onion’ pictures makes this a decidedly ‘cheestastic’ experience!

The registration process is your usual sign-up details, name, address, username etc. Fairly painless.
After registering, a pop-up window entitled ‘Online Ordering’ appears & you get to choose whether you want delivery/collect. I being the lazy git I am choose delivery. After all, that’s what pizza is all about. No effort food.

The menu is pretty much the same as any pizza company. There are a few starters such as the standard garlic bread & a selection of chicken things like ‘wings’ & ‘dippers’. The pizza range is pretty good with a good selection. If they don’t have what you want you can ‘Create Your Own’. The pizza’s come in three sizes:

 Small - 9.5”
 Medium - 11.5”
 Large - 13.5”

Price wise Domino Pizza is fairly reasonable. A medium sized cheese & tomato pizza will cost £7.99. The average price for a medium sized pizza is £9.99 & the most expensive medium sized pizza is £10.99.

If you are like me & like pizza’s with a little bit of individuality, or are just down right fussy you can ‘Create Your Own’ pizza. This is particularly useful for those who are vegetarian and wish to have something other than the two ‘Veggie’ pizza’s listed. There are a total of 12 toppings which cost upto £1.05 per topping depending on the size of pizza chosen. This is added to the price of a ‘Cheese & Tomato’ pizza.

If you do choose one of the fixed menu items you can request for pizza toppings to be left off under ‘Special Instructions’. This comes later in the ordering process.

The remainder of the menu comprises of desserts & drinks to tempt your taste buds & get you parting with even more of your cash.

Once you have made your selection you go to the ‘Checkout’ here you can give special instructions/dietary requirements such as ‘no garlic’ etc. It here that they tell you how long they expect delivery to take. On average the delivery time stated is within 40 mins.

I have used the service several times and the process is fairly painless. Registering was easy. Ordering was straightforward with it being very easy to add & remove items to my shopping list. The website was very intuitive with all the point & click points exactly where you would expect to find them.

The choice of pizza’s available is enough to meet most peoples demands including those with special diets such as vegetarians. There is no delivery fee & the price advertised is the price you pay.

I particularly like this service because you can browse at your leisure from the comfort of your own home. As reassurance, after you have placed your order you are sent a confirmation email immediately. If you have any problems you are provided with the telephone number of the outlet which your pizza is being delivered from.

The experiences I have had with delivery have been top notch. Each time the delivery has arrived within minutes of the time specified on the website. The pizza has been lovely and hot due to their unique ‘Heatwave’ bag.

My only grumble with the whole process is that they do not have a facility whereby you can pay by credit or debit card. The only payment acceptable is cash or cheque on delivery. Oh well, I suppose it stops me running up anymore debt!

So there you have it from beginning to end a pleasant experience & a lovely pizza.

MissTopaz 14.10.2004 22:22

wow that's so handy, i like having a full menu in front of me :)

suereaney 06.09.2004 18:08

Mmmmmm, yum!!! When we use to live in Bristol we used Dominoes and I couldn't fault them at all. The service was great, the food was great, it always, as you say, arrives piping hot (hot enough to burn ytour mouth if you're not careful!) and I wish we had one here where we live now!! Hear that noise? No, that's not thinder, that's my tum rumbling!! - A very 'tasty' review! - Suzyxx

galls 14.08.2001 22:15

An excellent an informative op.Helen I now fancy a pizza, but i'm eating curry at the moment!!