dotmusic.com

Music

Review of "dotmusic.com"

published 14/12/2000 | GR-Design
Member since : 03/09/2000
Pro Simply the ammount of content
Cons Dont know of any

"dotmusic is the best out there"

Dotmusic is a website that is literally packed with music content. Your presented with a few main categories to start with, but all these categories have a huge base of content inside them and the topics covered are covered in depth and are written and displayed well. The main categories are: News, Charts, Artists, Reviews, Live, Dance, Community & Shop.

If you click on Charts, you will be presented with a load of different charts covering a very wide range of music, so you can keep up to date on the charts in whatever music taste you want to. The charts themselves are displayed nicely and are easy to read. They have even added realplayer files to some of the singles so you can listen to a snippet of the song.

They will e-mail you with news on the charts and also news on your favourite band or artist if you like. The site is brilliant and has loads to offer, if you look deep enough that is, and that’s the key. On my first visit I just surfed by quickly, but on my second visit I found that there was loads to be found. There are even little quizzes that you can amuse yourself with, and lots of trivia.

If you have a website, you can have a streaming news applet on your website courtesy of dotmusic. So it’s great for people like me who run a couple of Nightclub websites to give your customers a bit of up to date news. You can choose from various newsstreams to use aswell, so if your site is something to do with classical music, you would choose their classical stream and so on. I chose the dance stream and have to say that it is very good.

The site is excellent and is packed with content, so for any of you who are interested in any type of music, I would highly recommend it. The design is easy to use and easy on the eye with the navigation being easy to use and nearly everything is within 3 clicks of your mouse. Go and have a look, it will be worth your time!

• EnglishPatient published 24/01/2001
    I saw nobody had even read this op..that's such a shame. It's excellent. I didn't know about the news-streaming feature..I'd like to have that on my own entertainment website, so thanks for pointing it out.