dress-for-less.com

Review of "dress-for-less.com"

published 12/12/2009 | supernaturalfan
Member since : 07/09/2009
Pro None.
Cons Postage rip off, based in Germany, refuse to comply with consumer laws.

"Dress for a small fortune & huge inconvenience"

I was quite stunned to see this site as being rated cheap, it's not, there are other sites selling designer names like Ben Sherman etc, based in the UK, far cheaper.

My biggest problem with this site is the fact that they are actually based in Germany, not UK and as a result they make it clear that they don't feel they need to comply with the consumer laws of the UK.

First if products are not as described you should be able to return them and not incur postage, that's explicit within Sale of goods act and Distance Selling regulations. Yet they refused to refund me return postage.

They also said that they would refuse my return if I did not return in original packaging; now I ordered a tiny waistcoat which could fit quite nicely in a small package, they sent it in a huge 2ft by 1ft box!! They said unless I returned in same ridiculous box they wouldn't accept my return. It would cost a ridiculous amount of money for me to return that.

I eventually had to contact my bank who told them that provided goods were returned in condition I received them they could not insist on their ridiculous requirement, so they accepted my packaging which was much more sensible.

it took over 3 weeks to process my refund even though I sent it the same day I received it. You send it to a UK address who send it to Germany where they send stuff approx every 2 weeks, after which you have to wait for Germany to process it, minus your return postage and minus the original postage of the order.

So all in all it was a thoroughly awful experience, this site are nothing but a total rip off. Be warned, if you need to return anything this company will refuse to comply with the laws of the UK and will rip you off.

I've lost £10 in postage, you might not think that's a lot, it's actually a damn lot when it's for nothing! Plus that's excluding costs of telephone calls to them (in Germany) and the bank!

• catsholiday published 12/12/2009
    Thanks for the tip - will avoid them
  • flyingllamas published 12/12/2009
    Useful warning.
  • mdstone published 12/12/2009
    The best policy for monkeys like these are to warn as many poeple as possible and spread the word. If they are not obeying consumer UK law then they should not be shipping products here. Good info.