Deni 5

Deni

Member since:01.01.1970

WHY NOT TREAT YOURSELF

03.02.2003

Advantages:
Cheap/very fast service,great staff

Disadvantages:
none

35 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. thingywhatsit
  2. jesi
  3. Lil_Miss_Pink

Well its here at last, the op you have been waiting for, which I promised to post as soon as it had been added to the site. I happened to stumble across this great perfume site 2 weeks before Christmas and I have nothing but praise for them.

We all would love to be able to afford the branded types of perfume and after-shave and usually have to wait until our birthdays, as we don’t want to spend out on our selves. Guess want now you don’t have too, and I’ll tell you why.

THE SITE:

The site loads very quickly indeed and opens up to a delightful charming screen, which is very eye catching indeed, full of bold colours. On the left hand side of the page there is a sweet little flower that changes colour and a perfume atomizer that has bubbles moving inside it. At the top you will find the selection symbols that are as follows:
Womens
Mens
Women Bargains
Mens Bargains
Cosmetics & skincare.

There is also a search box to help locate a particular brand of perfume etc.

It is all laid out very well and there is a key feature which explains the type of scent, for example; EDT = Eau De Toilette & A/s = Aftershave etc It is very user friendly and so simple and quick to use. A little green box next to the item means it comes unboxed.

HOW CHEAP IS IT:

It is brilliant as it’s the cheapest site that I have found. They apparently, buy huge stocks from the different manufactures, at large discount prices, which enables them to pass an excellent discount to its customers.

They are genuine fragrances at prices comparable and cheaper than duty free or even airports prices. The fragrances are made by the manufacturer to help market the products and are sent to department stores as testers. Duty free perfume purchases them straight away.

PRODUCTS:

The ones found in the ordinary selection are boxed, but if you buy from the bargain items, you will find that most are not boxed, and some might even have tester written on the bottle. This is where you can save a fortune, as if you are buying for yourself, who needs a box anyway, I throw mine away. I purchased a 100ml Burberry (touch) for £25 and a beautiful 50ml Jean Paul Gaultier (fragile) for only £24.50, It was shaped as snow-dome, with a lady dressed in black in the centre, and the snow inside was glitter, it was stunning and such a bargain. I actually ordered another one of these for a present, and found a nice little box to put it in.

They often have a mega deal on where you can get demo bottles at silly prices.

The women’s brands are varied names such as Calvin Klein, Chloe, Christian Dor, Dolce & Gabbane, Yves St Laurent, Givenchy, far too many to mention.

The men’s brands are Dunhill, Hilger, Hugo Boss, Paca Rabanne, Clavin Klein and more.

The skincare and cosmetics are not that much cheaper, but the Ambre solaire sun range is very good, half price.

ORDERING:

This is very simple and you can use your credit card to place your orders. It is a secure site that uses (SSL) technology, which shows a small padlock on your browser. Your card details are destroyed as soon as the transaction is completed.
All prices include vat and they aim to send out the next day, using recorded delivery.
I have used them three times now and my orders have been with me the next day, which is excellent. On one occasion My other half typed in my card number wrong and about 2 hours later I got a call from their customer service, a very pleasant man telling me that card number was wrong, so I gave the correct one to him over the phone, I still received my package the next day.

OTHER INFORMATION:

The other wonderful thing is that there are NO post & packaging charges at all if you live in the Uk and if you are not happy with your purchase they will refund you, as long as it’s not used.
They are covered by data protection, which means they will not pass on your details to other companies.

Their address is : Duty Free Perfume
Unit 3, Gainsborough Close
Long Eaton
Nottingham
NG10 1DQ

Telephone number – 01159 460095 Mon- Fri 9am to 5pm at other times you can Email.

SUMMARY:

What is there to say, go and take a look at this site, as I’m sure you will find something that you will want to buy. I might be wrong but I don’t they can nbe beaten on their prices. If you know different than let me know.

Thanks for reading bye for now Deni

jesi 01.07.2004 21:59

Sounds like a good site - trouble is, knowing what suits you... ≈≈≈≈{; -)-{{:::::|||||<

gemmawild 24.10.2003 20:13

They don't have that much of a choice for the female section (Didn't look in men's) But hopefully they will have some of the smells I like. Gem x

JessL 14.09.2003 23:01

I have just bought Flower by Kenzo on here, saving myself £17! It's a great site. x