e2save.com

Member since : 17/01/2007
Pro
Cons

"Customer Service Hell"

Please do not buy a mobile contract from e2save and save yourself months of hassle.

I bought a phone from e2save at the beginning of December 2006.

When the phone arrived e2save had put me on the wrong tariff.

When I phoned to ask them to correct this I had to call 5 times, waiting for over an hour on hold each time, before I finally got through to customer services. This was to become a pattern for each of the 20 or more calls I subsequently had to make to e2save, some of which I later found out to be on premium rate numbers (0871....) charging over £1 per minute.

I was told that the tariff couldn't be corrected without pulling up their archives of the call, which would take a few days and by the end of which I would be out of my 7 day return period and unable to return the phone. I decided not to take the risk and that to return the phone.

When I returned the phone, they immediately sent it back to me saying that it was outside the 7 days. Nice try. A few more hours on hold later, they apologised for their error and permitted me to return it again.

Thank goodness I sent the phone by special delivery! e2save then claimed that they had not received the phone for a couple of weeks, despite my giving them the Royal Mail delivery confirmation number.

To summarise the rest, it is now 1.5 months from when I initially bought the phone and e2save still haven't cancelled the contract with T-mobile. e2save have told me twice that they have sent the cancellation through to T-mobile. After the first time, I called them again only to be told that the cancellation had not been sent through because they hadn't received the phone yet. I have just been told that they sent the cancellation through yesterday, however T-mobile have confirmed that there is no such e-mail in the inbox to which e2ave claim to have sent the cancellation. Upon informing e2save of this they told me that there was nothing more that they could do and the customer services girl who I spoke to, Marcelle, refused to allow me to speak to her supervisor (which I think is against the law) and told me to wait a further 28 days to see if the cancellation had gone through. When i told Marcelle that this was unacceptable and that I wanted her to call T-mobile and effect the cancellation immediately (T-mobile who, in contrast to e2save, were very helpful throughout, had given me a number for e2save to call) she hung up on me.

In the meantime, T-mobile keep sending me bills for the contract which they believe I have still taken out with them. At the moment I owe them £70. They are threatening to take the matter to a credit agency.

I am currently writing to Ofcom, BBC Watchdog, Which and any other consumer review/ advice bureau that I can find.

• SweetTooth93 published 16/04/2009
    Sounds terrible xx
  • Mister_X published 20/02/2007
    sorry to hear about your experience nicola, preety much the same as mine. eventually though after 3 attempts at sending the phone back, i got it sorted.
  • Newboy3 published 18/01/2007
    A most interesting and useful review. ~ What an awful experience. e2sure were clearly in breach of contract from the outset by failing to supply the service (correct tariff) you ordered. Let them whistle for the money. Infact you could persue them for the expenses you’ve incurred. It must add up to quite a bit in calls and postage after all that hassle, not to mention the time you’ve wasted and the stress. Good for you for writing to Ofcom and the BBC. You might like to contact your local trading standards office as well. They may even contact e2sure on your behalf. ~ After all that, welcome to Ciao!