kingjb 1

kingjb

Member since:18.01.2006

E2Con

29.11.2007

Advantages:
Deal - Creator

Disadvantages:
Company is going downhill very fast, dont be fooled by flashy promises

Recommendable No:

10 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. finsburyjames
  2. COOOEEE
  3. just.bcoz

This is a quick summary for people who may be looking to sign up for a new contract/ phone from e2save.

DONT, GET YOUR HEAD CHECKED FOR JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!

E2save, to sum up has gone down hill very fast recently. I have been with e2save for just under 3 years, the first year was fine, little problems regarding porting into e2save and no problems with cash back either on a 12 months contract.

So happy with my experience, I decided to stay with e2save, however this time it wasn't as straightforward.
As far as I know e2save used to trade independly to carphone warehouse which it is owned by, however after 2006 it began to take much more of an active role in it running, partly due to its great success.
But this meddling was its downfall, they changed the directors, changed staff, moved offices, changed all the cash back terms and conditions etc.

Trying to get through to them to confirm the details I had were correct involved long que's on hold. The cost of being on hold chipped off the money I had saved, but I was still fairly happy with contracts they offered and decided to stay with them,

BIG MISTAKE...

By 2007 (I took out my new contract on September 2006) the company had lost all its values when it comes to customer services,
I am surprised that e2save is considerer 2nd best by ciao cos its rubbish,
Don't be taken in by the 'free gifts' and other offers they publish on the side, e.g. wii, xbox, ipod, dell laptops etc. A few of my friends decided to take these offers, they received refurbished xbox 360 which kept breaking down, the other 2 mates got the wii... which was out of stock and was not replaced, instead by there own words they kept getting told that it would be sent when they were back in stock...
3 months on still waiting and there being forced to pay a stupid 65/month on a 400min 500 text o2 contract for 18 months!

I decided to keep with the traditional cash back offers, paying 35 a month on an orange contract, for 600 mins and 500 texts. Through cash back it would work out at around 18 a month for all of the 12 months.

Right from the start it went wrong, I did not receive my contract or any information on my new order; it came 2 months later, with the wrong information, which I had to clarify over the phone, this time I got the new contract within the week.

The instructions for cash back are simple, send in the 4th, 8th and 12th bill, (first two pages) with a cash back voucher and send it off recorded delivery,
However when you do this you no longer get any money back, just excuses, having checked with royal mail they had received my letter... at the wrong address! I thought it was my fault, having a quick search through Google, I found in the last four months they had changed there cash back address FOUR TIMES!!! I received no letters or email to inform me of this, and when calling them I got the scripted response that, it had passed the 28 day time-limit so I would get nothing, so I was out of pocket of around 40 + 5 I spend trying to get through to them on the phone.

The second time, (8th month bill), I phoned before I sent the bills and took down a new address (5th change) and posted off the bills again, I phone two weeks after to confirm they had received the claim (they wont phone you, they used to have a text service that would inform you but they withdrew this service, carphone warehouse cost-cutting I presume)
They assured that it was being processed and it can take up to 45 days to clear...

39 days latter, I received a letter saying I was not getting my cash back with no explanation, simply to phone the customer services team (at the premium cost) who would be happy to help,
Spoke to a member of staff and was told that the cash back voucher I had send was the wrong one despite being told a month before it was correct! I was told they needed month 7 bills, how convient, another 40 out of pocket and 10 due to postage as I had decided to next day delivery and further phone costs.

I will be cancelling my contract after the 12th month, a very unhappy and out of pocket customer...

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 0.5p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 0.5p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviews content

just.bcoz 30.11.2007 01:17