eclipse-computers.com (Eclipse Computers, Coventry)

eclipse-computers.com (Eclipse Computers, Coventry)

Computers & Electronics

Review of "eclipse-computers.com (Eclipse Computers, Coventry)"

published 05/05/2010 | scotracer
Member since : 05/05/2010
Pro Absolutely none - Would rather buy from Trotters Independent Traders!!
Cons Terrible customer service - struggling for refund very untrustworthy
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Shop with Eclipse at your peril!!"

I unfortunately bought a Digital TV picture frame from this company. It turned up within a few days and I immediately unwrapped and tested and found it not working properly - It could not receive channels even on my main aeriel which receives digital channels perfectly. This frame did not even pick up 1 not a single one - even on the weakest of aeriels you normally get a sniff of a radio station. I tried playing the in built games and the picture was fuzzy and jumping as if there was a power fault inside. As it was an inbuilt game this should have been perfect quality so it wouldn't need an ariel. So I sent it back (paying £9 to guarantee delivery the following day) - 2 weeks later and four phone calls later I'm still waiting on my refund - having just spoken to a customer service agent I have been informed that I would only be getting £46 out of the £55 I paid as they have "tested it" and it works fine. In fact the Customer service agent told me "he tested it himself". There were 3 of us here at home that guarantees it was definately faulty - and lucky me I got the one agent who answers the phone AND tests things AND has such an amazing memory he can remember it exactly!! This company unfortunately gives the customer a very poor customer service. Basically they charge you for an item, send it to you, if its faulty - YOU have to pay for it to be sent back then they tell you its fine and will deduct the postage charge (£9 in this case but as it went business class would not have been this much) So I'm £18 out of pocket for something that did not work and no doubt this faulty machine will be sent out again to some unsuspecting customer. And as I said 2 WEEKS LATER AND STILL NO REFUND.