edreams.com

Review of "edreams.com"

published 15/04/2008 | notsaying
Member since : 15/04/2008
Pro Affordable
Cons Poor customer service, shady pricing tactics
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"E-Nightmare"

E-dreams is more like e-nightmare. Lesson Learned: I would only use this site to set price benchmarks and deal/negotiate directly with air carrier or hotelier or go to a different agent.

Pros: May offer some of the most affordable prices on-line
Cons: Worst customer service I have ever had, shady pricing tactics
Summary: Use at your own risk

Experience:
1) While traveling in Europe, tried to book last-minute air and hotel on-line. Noticed that if I remained in the language of host server, (i.e. in Germany, kept in German) I got one price, however, if I clicked on the same page for an English translation, the prices were higher. When i noticed this, I moved to a different computer at a internet cafe to make sure I wasn't being affected by some cookie and noticed the same thing, so did transaction in host country language.

2) While booking hotel reservations, ended up being triple booked for a room. When I called e-dreams to resolve the situation, first they couldn't find my reservations, then they claimed that I had booked it through their competitor. If I called the on-line section, the agent could only see 2 of the 3 bookings, if I called central reservation they could only see 1 altogether different reservation. Finally after calling back no less than 20 times, over the course of 3 days and running up my phone bill, I was able to resolve the situation only by dividing and conquering. Eventually avoided trying to explain the whole situation and just cancelled extraneous reservations going between two different agents. It got so bad, that I felt that I spoke to everyone who could speak in the two languages I knew. My phone calls to them to resolve the issue amounted to nearly 100 euros.

3) Although one would think that booking over the internet you could do it over 24 hours, this is not the case with last minute travel reservations at least with e-dreams. You can only book last minute travel in talking directly to an agent, and the agents only seem to be available between for normal business hours. So after business hours/ early hour flight booking is essentially a wash. Although this is a minor issue, you waste a lot of time trying to book online only to get an unclear message saying that we were not able to book your travel that gives you the impression that your credit card is not working. Situation: Assuming I would miss my flight due to getting delayed by a car accident on the highway, and I called ahead to e-dreams around 8 pm for a 10 pm flight to no avail. Ended up calling the airport directly, to deal with the carrier. Later after missing the flight, booked last minute travel on-line, after midnight, with another carrier with similar e-dreams prices to get to my destination which was by far a walk in the park compared to my horrific e-dreams experience.

4) When I talked directly with e-dreams to tell them of my issues, and concerns with the pricing, they would not accept any responsibility and instead got very defensive and antagonistic. Trying to speak sense with them was a waste of time and money, especially in this time of the weak US dollar.

• nicobour published 23/12/2008
    hello @notsaying, I have just read your review and i want to apologyze about the different problems you had while you were booking with eDreams. I am quite surprised about one of your aguments because in eDreams you can book until 3 hours before the flight leave. And as i see in your review, this was not the case. I will investigate internally and see what could have been the problem. Please , do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else. Regards, Nico Bour
  • manlybeach published 15/04/2008
    Very good first review. welcome to ciao
  • joannavos published 15/04/2008
    Sounds terrible. Will avoid at all costs, thanks.