edreams.com

Travel Information

Review of "edreams.com"

published 31/03/2009 | jpanders
Member since : 31/03/2009
Pro Sometimes able to find a cheap fare
Cons HORRIBLE customer service; DECEPTIVE pricing which varies among the language you select
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"eDreams is truely an eNightmare!"

Upon booking a flight ticket on eDreams, I received a message confirming my reservation but also stating that there was a problem with my credit card. The message went on to say that either: (a) the payment would process and I would receive my flight ticket -or- (b) I would receive an email stating how to fix the problem with my credit card.

Having noticed that eDreams is only open during normal business hours, I decided to call the company the evening before my flight to check the status of my ticket. The lady who answered was very short with me when she told me not to worry about anything and my problem would be "taken care of" by someone who would call me later.

The next morning I still hadn't heard from eDreams but decided to go to the airport to catch my flight. I was only somewhat shocked when the assistant at the ticket counter told me that I didn't have ticket. Being that it was 8:00am Eastern European Time, I was unable to contact eDreams.

When I returned home, I began the process of trying to contact eDreams to find out why my ticket hadn't been issued. After 13 minutes waiting for someone to answer, the first customer service representative listened to my story, then transferred me to the booking department while I was screaming at him "don't transfer me; I don't want to book another flight with this company!" Not listening to me, I was transferred so he didn't have to listen to me anymore.

At the beginning of the next call, I immediately began stating my case when the customer service agent told me that there was a "problem" in the line and to try calling back (although the lady and I had already exchanged names and greetings without her mentioning a problematic line).

I decided to give it one more try; this time first asking if the phone line was OK and also telling the assistant not to transfer me. After listening to my story, the only thing the lady could say was "How can you go to the airport without a ticket" and "We just can't believe that you would leave your house without a ticket". After explaining to her that (1) eDreams stated in their email that they would contact me about fixing my payment but never attempted to reach me -and- (2) I was flying home to attend my grandmothers funeral the following day so I couldn't 'wait' any longer for them to contact me, her only response was to criticize me for going to the airport without a ticket. Being dumbfounded by this lack of respect for the customer, I ended my call.

This company has a long way to go before ever receiving my business in the future. Be forewarned, if you have any problems before/during your trip with eDreams, don't expect any help or compassion from the company or its' employees!