enjoymaths.co.uk

Education & Training

Review of "enjoymaths.co.uk"

published 12/11/2005 | Angelique
Member since : 28/07/2000
Pro Easy to use, new tasks can be generated again and again,
Cons It is not free as some resources on the net, but definitely worth the money

"Great website for maths worksheets"

Oh my god…. I just looked at the date when I wrote my last opinion and it goes back to 2001!! Almost five years ago!! Even my profile says "just a girl from London who loves travelling, sports and shopping!!" Well now I am back as " a girl from Berkshire with a husband and a five year old" However the shopping part remains the same!!! I still love Shopping!! And I am back with more opinions which you will hopefully find useful and interesting to read!

So this is my first one since 2001!!! Please enjoy………

I first came across www.EnjoyMaths.co.uk when one of my friends (who has a 6 year old) mentioned it to me. Her son was struggling a bit with some of the maths topics and the teacher has recommended this resource to them.

EnjoyMaths is a website which offers interactive and printable maths worksheets for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. All the worksheets are grouped under the specific topics and subtopics within KS1 and KS2. The worksheets can be printed out. It does help if you have a colour printer because they have loads of great cartoon characters, animals, flowers, etc- which makes it more attractive to the child (and the parents as well - as it is more fun to look at something colourful and funny!!!!) Mine is only five so anything in black and white will just not get any attention from him at all.

I believe you can have a look at the sample worksheets before you subscribe to the service. I just looked at them at my friend's pc (who was already the member) before subscribing to the resource. The service costs around £10 per month - if you subscribe on a monthly basis, but they do have special offers on a half year and yearly subscription which works out much cheaper. I subscribed for a month for the time being but having been using the site for over 3 weeks I think I will subscribe for a half year.

I think there are quiet a few resources online, especially American ones. I have chosen this one because it was recommended by a teacher and also because it is structured around the National Curriculum. If you do know any other useful sites, please let me know!! As my boy is growing I am always on the lookout for new resources, especially Internet based ones!

At the moment Enjoy Maths only covers KS1 and KS2 but in their newsletter they mention that as of January they will be fully covering KS3 and KS4 at no extra costs to the existing members.

• maggieedwa published 12/11/2005