esure.com

Review of "esure.com"

published 11/05/2003 | liz_95
Member since : 12/09/2002
Pro Cheap
Cons Don't want to know if you need to claim

"Unsure about ESure"

Like many people I like value for money, so when I had to renew my car insurance I shopped around.

ESure were the cheapest by far and as they were not some small here today gome tomorrow company, that's who I chose.

If that were the end of the story I would be recommending them highly. The entire process from quote to certificate arriving in the post was wonderful. So wonderful and cheap that I recommended them to my parents. Both of whom had cars.

Again the process was easy, the quote cheap and the staff helpfull.

A couple of months after taking out the policy my mother was unfortunate enough to have her car stolen. It was parked outside her house and securly locked.

Esure couldn't have been less interested. They did complete the claim process eventually, but they then refuse to insure her on any policy other than the one she had claimed on. She was at the time a named driver on my fathers car. This was revoked and she was made to feel a criminal for having been a victime of someone elses crime.

Despite having protected no claims discount she was unable to be insured with esure again.

I can not in any way recommend a company who treat their customers in this way.

• little_piece_of_me published 10/10/2005
    hi - i have recently just ended employment with esure doing the claims that your talking bout. I must admit i think you must just of had a bad experience as normally they are so helpful. However they are very fussy about there criteria which can make things tricky - you cannot have your own policy if in the last 12 months you have had a claim it makes you a higher risk however you can still be a named driver. But there are some people within esure who dont care management there is young and dont care - i was sacked for being gay and they can offer no other reason so i know. But usually my collegues where excellent
  • toyrade published 13/05/2003
    It's a shame that we only ever find out how good an insurance company is when we really need them and it's too late. Thanks for the warning.
  • criple published 12/05/2003
    I suppose a good company can only be judged when you need them most. Sorry that this happened as it must have been distressing.

Product Information : esure.com