esure.com

Pro Cheap, Good Cover
Cons Large default excess when buying online - WATCH OUT

"E-Sure- Yes im sure"

E-sure - Cheap quotes.

I have been with e-sure for 3 years now and as a person who likes to think they are getting the best deal and searchs virtually every well known car insurance company to find the best deal. E-sure have come out on top everytime for me.

I drive a 54 plate VW Passatt Estate 2.0s, Myself and my husband are named drivers on the policy and neither of us have had any accidents or claims. We are 29 and 32 and have 8 years no claims bonus. Car is worth approx 9,500. RENEWAL COST FOR 07/08 WAS £320 Bit of a bargain I think.

I much prefer to arrange my insurance over the phone. Online motor quotes have too many disclaimers and it is far too easy to think you are giving them the correct answer to the question when this may not be so. In the case of the e-sure website it also defaults to a high voluntary excess to bring the price down even further, so beware of this as you may be landed with a large excess as on offset for cheaper quotes. Incidently my price has a compulsary excess of £100 and no other excess at all. I could have had the insurance for as little as £250 if I had accepted an additional excess of £250. Not worth it in my opinion.

The policy comes with legal protection at £20, a must for all insurance and a 14 day cooling off period incase you change your mind or find a cheaper quote elsewhere. A guaranteed courtesy car in the event of an accident. You can also add additional extras such as RAC cover and additonal cover for items such as expensive sat nav or car audio systems.

The only problem i have had with e-sure was my renewal this year. I was on holiday when the renewal notice came through the post and the car insurance was due to lapse on the day of return from holiday. The insurance lapsed at 12.00 noon. I rang later that day to arrange my renewal cover but was told that since it had lapsed at 12 I would have to start a policy from scratch. Well i was considerably displeased with this, but there was not a lot i could do.

One thing they did do for me was give me the extra 10% online discount over the phone since i was not prepared to arrange online and i explained that i had been away and been a customer with them fro several years now. Nice to see some common sense for once.

Overall i think that e-sure a a good company and there customer service is excellent. I have never had to make a claim through them so can not comment on the claims process but for ease of arranging cover and policy price they are hard to beat.

• Bens__mummy published 20/11/2007