freebieholics.co.uk

Free Stuff

Review of "freebieholics.co.uk"

published 30/01/2002 | ln01
Member since : 20/12/2001
Pro Well designed and easy to use
Cons Could do with a few more competitions

"Cheaper than being Alcoholic"

I have been using Freebieholics for some time now for my general freebie needs, but recently they have under gone a revamp, and as nobody else has written a comment for them I thought I would. I originally came across the site via a links from freeinuk.co.uk and was pleasantly surprised, it was a very good site with a large array of free stuff and extras. With their new improved version, the site is even better.

At the top of the homepage you are given a warning,’This site shows signs of being addictive’, how true. On the left of the screen you have the headings; Freebies, Discounts, competitions, webmasters, paid to…, links and links to us. For ease of reading I will break down the headings.

Freebies

You click on freebies and are taken to the freebies page. The centre of the page shows half a dozens special deals/freebies/extra’s including cheap CD’s, free credit check and the opportunity to vote for later drinking times. Included in the centre is the sub category list for the free stuff along with the amount of free things for each sub category:

Downloads (9 Freebies)
Food/Drink (14 Freebies)
Health & Beauty (32 Freebies)
Home/Office (11 Freebies)
Pets (11 Freebies)
Publications (33 Freebies)
Services (17 Freebies)
Vouchers (22 Freebies)

The sub category's are pretty much the same as the other freebies sites, the ‘Newest’ category is very useful.

Discounts

The Discount page is currently in the process of being removed, this was probably the least effective part of the site and rarely visited. We have been promised new pages to replace it.

Competitions

There are currently 3 competitions being run along with links to the usual comp site e.g. Banana lotto and myoffers. The 3 comps consist of the newsletter comp – 1 in 10 people who sign up for the newsletter will receive a prize. There is also a comp for people who live in Ipswich and for anyone who sends in a completed poll form giving development ideas etc (25 winners will be picked).

Webmasters

How would you like to submit your site to 100 search engines for free? You may also be interested in the traffic package deals or the domain registration. Click here if this is your sort of thing.

Paid To...

In case you are not already aware, there are companies out there who pay you to read their advertising. This section is broken down into three easy segments; Emails, visiting web sites and entering competitions. Definitely worth thinking about.

I’m not going to go into the links; they have several, but lets face it you don’t judge a site on what links it has.

This site is easy to access with no registration required, the weekly newsletter is very helpful and worth signing up for, and they seem to get freebies that other sites don’t.

The site is sponsored by IT-hound who offer free PC advise via email – I’ve never used them personally but I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Overall this is a superb site that has tempted me away from the likes of freeinuk and 2001freebies. It is well designed, easy to use and fast loading. Highly recommended.

UPDATE: Freebieholics now offer a completly free email service, ive been using it for a couple of weeks now and have found it very reliable.

There is also a whole load of online games (free of course). The best thing about these is that I can access them from my work computer and i dont get the usual 'Access Denied' come up. Very good for Friday afternoons (or when your supposed to be doing overtime).

• Theshadowreturns published 13/08/2006
    Great review, I might try it, I use a site called rpoints its really good.
  • shirleyd88 published 12/02/2006
    Great review, I havent heard of this site before...thanks X
  • srushsa published 14/08/2005
    Great review, loads of helpful detail, I'm off there now! sara x