getrevising.co.uk

Education & Training

Review of "getrevising.co.uk"

published 12/09/2011 | twiglet11twiglet11
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Helps keep me motivated!! Some good revision notes, personalise your account...timetable
Cons Some people's notes may not be accurate...
Web site content
Speed
Navigation
Layout & Design
Content Update

"Get revising..."

Get revising is a website in which allows students to upload their own revision notes, or create them on the website. You can read other people’s notes, and use them to help your own revision. You can rate people’s notes on how useful they are to you.

Anyone can use this website; you just need to create an account and sign in, every time you want to read other people’s notes. Setting up an account is free.
You can personalise your account by creating a revision timetable. The revision timetable is a very useful tool to use, because you can write in, when your exams are; and than they are automatically placed on the calendar. You can add weekly commitments to your timetable, and you can see what time; you have left to do your revision. You can than place your revision onto the timetable. The timetable has helped me organise my time and, has helped me get my revision done, because I follow my timetable, instead of just putting it off.

I am always on my laptop, therefore having a revision timetable online is very helpful, and during exam periods I set “get revising” as my homepage, therefore it reminds me that I should be revising.

You can share your own resources for different subjects on this website, and people can rate how useful they are, to them. They can also post a comment below your resource that you have uploaded. You can also create revision notes via the get revising website, in the form of revision notes, revision cards, quizzes and word searches. Therefore it is easy to vary your revision and keep yourself interested.
There is also a new revision tool available on “get revising” and this is making a podcast. I personally have not done this before. However I have only just seen it, so I think it is pretty new. Basically you can turn any resource on get revising into a podcast and listen to it whenever you like. This would be good for revising on the bus because you can just upload a podcast full of revision notes onto your MP3/MP4 player or IPOD or phone and listen to it on the go. I am going to start using this tool in the future. I am sure it will help me get more revision done because you can listen, while you are on the go...so it’s more likely to stick in your head if you keep listening...

The “get revising” website has a “discuss” section, where you can discuss revision with other members. This is helpful because you can get new ideas on how to revise from other people, and they can also help you if you are stuck on something. You can also “ask” questions in which other members can answer for you. This will help with your revision, because it makes you feel like you are part of a community.
The “get revising” website has a “search” area in which you can search for specific notes for your exam boards, and subjects so you don’t have to trail through unrelated materials, in which are not suited for your own exams. This makes it quick and easy to find, just what you are looking for...

So far everything I have listed is a pro of this website. There is not many cons, but do be aware that some peoples revision notes may not be accurate, because you don’t necessary know where they got their information from. However I have personally found some really helpful revision notes on this website that have helped me pass exams... I would double check all revision notes that you are reading and I would not rely on other people’s notes completely.

There is also a point system which you can get points when you upload your own revision material or create your own. There is also a list of the “top rated members”, who have received the most points in the last 14 days.

There is also a competition and sometimes there is useful advice, “what to do if you didn’t get the results you wanted”...

This revision site is used for GCSE students and ALEVEL students.

I would recommend this revision site because, you can personalise your account, by creating your own timetable, and you can read other peoples revision notes and create your own. This site makes me more motivated to revise, because when I see other people’s notes I want to compete and add my own better notes. Maybe that’s because I have a very competitive streak in me.

Make sure you check all revision notes and don’t rely on other people’s revision notes completely!

This review was read 1952 times and was rated at

• hildah11 published 28/09/2011
    Great review but would not trust information like this.
  • JAVER1967 published 17/09/2011