Review of "google.com"

Member since : 09/12/2000
Pro Definitely the fastest
Cons none

"Google"

Google.com only really attracted my attention very recently, when it was recommended to me by a teacher at college. The reason for using it was that apparently it was going to give me information that I couldn't even find on yahoo (which I thougtht was impossible, but it's true!!!). Sure enough, up it popped. Exactly what I was looking for.

Searches on google are very very (times a million) easy. The welcome page is very simple with just a box, in to which you type what you want to look for. The results then pop up so quickly its just amazing. As an example, I have just this second, used it to search for 'INCUBUS'. The results (of which there are approximately 70,700), were found in 0.06 seconds (and it has 1,326,920,000 to search through). That is fast. Even faster than Yahoo. 10 results are displayed on the screen at any one time, which may be a little too few, but it does give me the chance to skip straight to the 100th if I want too, without going forwards loads of times through the pages.

It can also do things like advanced searches (which will restrict the complexity of the search. For example, if you specifically wanted a uk site or an organisation, you could tell it not to show results including .com), and you also get the chance to try your search on other search engines.

• Excelle published 25/12/2000
    Great op BJEEE! Got to agree with you - Google is IT!
  • welshpete published 21/12/2000
    I ave to put my most weighty support behind the comments in this opinion. Google is indeed the most effective search engine I have used, and rarely use anything else these days. A few sample searches on obscure things prove this - a search on the name of a friend on one of my pages found the one and only page on the web it was on - mine...I was impressed to say the least. Try it - you will never go back. If anyone can prove me wrong, pleaselet me know....!