GemmaC25 5

GemmaC25

Member since:09.01.2009

Healthy snacks delivered!

02.02.2009

Advantages:
Small enough to fit through the post box, and very yummy .

Disadvantages:
Some people may find £3 too much .

18 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. sun-is-shining
  3. tune57

I discovered graze.com through one of my many cashback websites, TopCashBack. It told me that graze.com was from the same people behind lovefilm.com and that if I signed up and recieved a free box I would get £2.00 cashback.
Intrigued, I clicked through to the website to find out more.

Immediately you are greeted with pictures of greenery and fruit with bold images declaring healthy food delivered to your desk for just £2.99. At the side it also states that graze.com is recognised by the NHS as supporting the 5 a day scheme.

So what is in a graze box?
Graze boxes are nutrionally balanced and contain fresh fruit, a 'special graze mix' and a 'handy snack pack.' These can contain nuts, seeds, dried fruit or natural treats. At an extra cost of 50p you can also have Olives.

How does Graze work?
You simply choose the type of box you'd like to recieve, and how often you'd like to recieve it. The great thing with Graze is their is no commitment, and whilst you can choose to recieve weekly boxes, you can simply cancel any deliveries or put them back a bit. This is very easy to do on the account page, and you can monitor your deliveries carefully.
The Graze site lists all the foods they have in their range. They list them all in seperate categories:
Fresh Fruit
Dried Fruit, Nuts & Seed Mixes
Dried Fruits
Nuts
Seeds
Savoury Snacks
Natural Indulgence
Olives
You can browse through these categries and, once you're registered, you can choose to Bin, Try, Like or Love each item. Bin means they will never send the item to you. I've found in my boxes I usually recieve one item I Love, one item I Like, and one item to Try. You can change these at any time you want so for instance if you 'Try' fresh apple and decide you loved it, you can change it to 'Love.' Graze state they will always do a good mix of these options, so you should never recieve 3 Likes or 3 Tries at once.
They have a great variety of foods under each category and it can take a while to go through rating them all, but it's nice to know you'll always recieve a good variety and not the same items time after time!

Your box always get prepared the day before you recieve it. When you go into Your Deliveries it will usually say 'in the kitchen', a while after this once your box is prepared a link appears saying 'What did I get?' Clicking on this brings up what is in your box. The box is posted first class and everytime I have recieved a box I have recieved it the very next day, and the box is small enough to fit through your postbox so no worrying about missed deliveries!

Graze also have a new part of their website called 'Graze Health.' Here you can click through finding out what 'grazing could do for you.' It hs information about how it helps you lose weight, good energy, boosting immunity, varied & balanced diet, the 80/20 rule and blood sugar. This can make for interesting reading.

My Experience of Graze
When I joined I recieved my first box free and my 2nd box half price. I thought it seemed like a good idea but I didn't think I would stick with it after I recieved my 2nd box, however I have!
I was waiting eagerly for my first box after rating all the different foods graze offer using the Bin, Try, Like and Love ratings. I recieved an e-mail just before my 1st box was due saying unfortunately due to unprecedented demand the boxes would be delayed! I was very disappointed but didn't blame them, word had gotten out on moneysavingexpert.com about the free boxes and everyone wanted one! I changed the delivery date to a few days later and it arrived fine. I was pleased to see in my Graze box a little box of fresh pineapple, a forest nut mix and some macademia nuts. The pineapple I Loved, nut mix I Liked, and the macademia nuts I wanted to Try, so Graze really did mix the box up based on my ratings!
The week after recieveing my free box I recieved the half price and it was just as good. This time it included a little fact sheet of what was included in my box and the nutrional information of each item. There was also a paper napkin in which looks like it's made from recycled materials and has a 'recycle' symbol on it. This was a nice addition!
The box it arrives in

I have now decided to recieve a box a week as I love these boxes and I look forward to finding out what I will recieve. It's become a great way for me to snack healthily at my desk at work without beign tempted by sweets and chocolate co-workers bring in to share! The foods provided by Graze are great and at £3 delivered a box I find it cheap. You always get freshly prepared fruit and it stays fresh in the packet. If you cut an apple into slices before you went to work it would start going brown, Graze is a solution to this problem. (Some people might be saying here, well don't cut your apple into slices! I like to do this as eating an apple can make my gums bleed, ouch!) It's also a great way of trying new foods, for instance I recieved some 'yogurt coated raisins' in one of my boxes as a Try and I really enjoyed them! I have now changed the rating of them to love.
I found have the Graze service great, the boxes arrive on time and without problems, the postman puts them straight through the postbox.

As Graze are relatively new they are making little tweeks here and there, and it can only get better.

retireduser 19.02.2009 21:35

Great review. Keep it up. ^_^

JasonJRogers 13.02.2009 17:05

Fab review, I will have to check this out! Gav xx

DarkDave 07.02.2009 21:04

I've never really been one for healthy eating, but these do sound like a great company.. thanks ! D x