Review of "grisoft.com"

published 22/06/2001 | carolshack
Member since : 02/06/2001
Pro Free, Easy to Use, Easy to Instal, Reliable
Cons None so far

"Free AVG Anti Virus Software"

Anyone who uses a PC will know how important it is to have reliable anti-virus software installed. However, not everyone realises that you can download a brilliant package "free" over the Internet from www.grisoft.com.

I stumbled across this site whilst reading a magazine article about PC viruses & decided to download it as my pre-installed anti-virus software was quite old & I wasn't sure how reliable it really was anymore. I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive at first as I wasn't sure whether this new software would conflict with other programs on my PC, but now I know there was nothing to worry about!

AVG was so simple & quick to download and I have been running it on my system successfully for the past three months without any problems whatsoever!

It is also very easy to use. The interface is brightly coloured & cheerful & not only does it provide a boot-up scanner each time you turn on your PC, but it can also check individual e-mails, attachments, files, etc, either as you require or on a scheduled daily basis.

It does obviously need to update itself periodically via the Internet. It will prompt you for this at intervals pre-set by you and download any necessary files. At least you know that by doing this, your software is completely up-to-date with all the very latest viruses.

I know it definitely works as it has already halted two potential viruses from accessing my system via e-mail attachments!!

For anyone out there looking for a new anti-virus package, save your money & your legs & download this free version from the Net. You can't go wrong & it runs just as well (if not better!) than any boxed version from a shop shelf!

• gennymutant published 22/06/2001
    Sounds good - I'll have to have a look. Thanks! - Dione
  • pagan published 22/06/2001
    Can you update it when new viruses are thought up? You should really be updating every month to ensure you are fully protected.
  • Connoisseur_Haggler1 published 22/06/2001
    Carol, useful PC/internet advice there! I am using F-Prot Anti-virus at present will check this FREE softaware out too, cheers, nice to see you've made a start at Ciao too:) Ciao!