holidayautos.com

holidayautos.com

Review of "holidayautos.com"

published 21/08/2006 | jcduk
Member since : 15/11/2005
Pro Prices can't be beat!
Cons None!
Type of car rented
Available selection
Customer Service
Vehicle Quality

"For a wheely good deal - try these guys!"

Holiday Autos has been around for a few years now. Once an independent company, it was bought by the lastminute.com group. Thankfully, nothing changed when this happened and their service has been as good as ever.

I've used them numerous times, and most recently on a trip to California. This time, I went luxury and rented a convertible. Most times I rent an average family car. My experiences have all been for US trips, but in various States.

When you go to the Holiday Auto's website, www.holidayautos.co.uk, it couldn't be easier. First you choose the country you are travelling too. You may have to choose a region within the country too at this point. You then select the pick/drop off points for the rental. This is usually airport locations, but you can on occasion find other points. Provide your pickup/drop off dates, and search!

They will return with a list of car choices available to you, and give an indication as to the actual car type. Don't count on this being 100% accurate for the car type - as it might change depending on the provider. But it will be in that car size family.

The cost you are shown INCLUDES the following;

Total Car Rental daily fee
Unlimited Mileage
Loss Damage Waiver
Supplementry Liability Insurance
Handling fees, local taxes, airport fees and environmental fees.

You have the option of adding other things such as, Cancellation Insurance, childrens seats, GPS systems and Ski racks. (Though note - anything other than insurance is paid locally and IS NOT part of the final cost HolidayAuto's charge.)

I've had a couple of rental companies through HolidayAutos. Most recently they have provided cars through National Rentals. I've done comparisons on what I would have paid if I gone to National directly, and I'm saving at least 35% using Holiday Autos. It's the only company I use now, and have never had any problem with them. The only responsibility you have, is to take a copy of your contract with you, and give it to the rental company. EVERYTHING else is sorted.

It's a one stop rental shop for me, when it comes to Car Rental!

• minxy106 published 23/08/2006
    Just what I needed! Been looking for a car hire firm for my holiday in a few weeks time, so many to choose from, will be giving these a try. Thanks!
  • helencbradshaw published 21/08/2006
    I just used them recently, and got the same vehicle..! they are great and my first choice too.
  • Crimsonflame published 21/08/2006
    A great review but the most important detail to me of all is the variation of price from one car to the other i.e. how much you payed. Crimps

Product Information : holidayautos.com