holidayautos.com

Review of "holidayautos.com"

published 04/08/2009 | wintersje
Member since : 04/08/2009
Pro None
Cons My son & his girlfriends holiday was ruined.
Type of car rented
Available selection
Customer Service
Vehicle Quality

"Appalling service"

I booked a car for my son and his girlfriend to be picked up at Alicante airport at 11.30pm on 27th July. When they arrived, they were told that there were no cars available, even though we had received a confirmation email from holiday autos and the money had been deducted from my debit card.

I spoke on the phone to holiday autos customer support the following morning (28th) and requested a refund. This has still not been received.

My advice would be not to use Holiday Autos as they supply cars through a 3rd party and have no control over the availability of cars. There were about 30 customers who were unable to get their cars on that night. I'm sure that Holiday Autos will still be gaining the interes on the monies paid by these disappointed customers for a service that Holiday Autos didn't provide.

Use one of the main car rental dealers, to avoid his type of fiasco. My son and his girlfrend's holiday was ruined by not having a car as they were unable to go out sightseeing, to the beach or to eat out in restaurants as they were not within walking distance and taxis would have been too expensive for them. They even had to book into a hotel overnight on the 27th and then make their way to their apartment the following morning by train, bus and then taxi.

This treatment of people is appalling.

• GJRendall published 04/08/2009
    Welcome to Ciao! I hope your son and his girlfriend were able to enjoy themselves some anyway.

Product Information : holidayautos.com