holidayautos.com

Available selection
Customer Service
Vehicle Quality

"HOLIDAYAUTOS.CO.UK stink"

HOLIDAYAUTOS.CO.UK and EUROPCAR stink.
I was forced to upgrade my hire car at Granada airport as another child travelled with us at the last minute and was told by the Europcar spanish staff in broken English that the price of the new car would be 292 euros. The already charged price of 170 euros would be subtracted from this I would only pay the balance ( 122 euros ). I booked the original car through holidayautos.co.uk.
On my return my credit card had been charged for 292 euros and trying to contact an english person to complain to via holidayautos.co.uk was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The customer services number is in Asia. They subsequently informed me that because I had signed a document ( in Spanish..which I do not speak ) this was legally binding and there is nothing that they can do. They say that it was thoroughly explained to me that the price quoted was the upgrade price and this was to be added to to the original price. This is a damn lie. Do you think after booking a car for 170 euros I would then agree to pay another 292 euros to accomodate a small child.
I would have simply asked an adult member to get a taxi for a fraction of the cost.
EUROPCAR misinformed me and HolidayAutos.co.uk have been totally unhelpful.
Use either at your peril.

• mythdata published 25/08/2009
    Sounds like an awful company, one to avoid then.:O)

Product Information : holidayautos.com