holidayautos.com

holidayautos.com

Review of "holidayautos.com"

published 17/07/2011 | socratio
Member since : 17/07/2011
Good
Pro good value, easy booking, decent cars
Cons risk of unjust charges, cars often dirty
Type of car rented
Available selection
Customer Service
Vehicle Quality

"Usually good but risky"

I have used Holiday Autos several times for bookings from Rome airports and usually been pleased with the service and price. My main complaint would be that the cars are often provided unwashed! However, after my last trip when the local partner Sixt unexpectedly charged almost £100 to my credit card a few days after the trip. 2 months later, I'm still trying to get this charge back.

The explanation that I've had from Holiday Autos is that 'the car was returned 3 hours after the return deadline', therefore I was charged for an extra day. I can only imagine that story comes from the local provider but it is completely untrue. My flight from Ciampino office was scheduled for 2050 so I arrived at the airport at 1930. To my surprise the Sixt office was closed at this time (it was supposed to be open until 2000) so I had to deposit the keys in the drop box and as such didn't get a return form.

My overall impression is that the local providers tend to provide an inferior service to customers hiring through Holiday Autos, perhaps because it their profit margins are smaller than they would be for direct customers. When this can result in unjust credit card charges it becomes a worrying concern and depending how this issue is resolved I may switch to other holiday transport arrangements in future.

• torr published 17/07/2011
    Holiday Autos rely very heavily on the quality and reliability of their local sub-contractors - sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Booking through them is cheap, but risky.
  • catsholiday published 17/07/2011
    I think you are supposed to check when the offices are open so you can return the car then. Good luck with getting that money back!j

Product Information : holidayautos.com