holidayautos.com

Review of "holidayautos.com"

published 23/01/2012 | Flamingo66
Member since : 23/01/2012
Satisfactory
Pro I thought price was ok, it is, but if you look a bit further you can find a lot better deals.
Cons Bad customer service when something goes wrong, u are stuck between the renter and holiday autos...
Available selection
Customer Service
Vehicle Quality

"Rented many times, but never again"

Rented many times and normally it works ok. Yes, they normally dont use the main renters, which means you normally have to take a bus from the airport etc to get to your car, which takes longer. But that might be ok. However, if something goes wrong, everything just falls apart. Let me explain. You will rent the car from, and pay to Holiday Autos. But you will get the car from the local firm. If the local firm does not give you what you have paid for, whom do you call, maybe Ghostbusters... I paid Holiday Autos for an "intermediate estate" which on their website was described as a "Ford Mondeo Estate, or similar". However, Holiday Autos had specified to Budget at Prague airport that this was similar to a Skoda Fabia Estate. Only problem is that the Skoda Fabia estate is two sizes smaller... I had to spend around 30 minutes, roaming, to Holiday Autos customer service. First to a customer sevice normal employee, she did not want to help me. Finally I got to speak to a mangaer. Who said he sort of wanted to help but could not. I refused, stood my ground and eventually he said he would call "head office" and ask them. 30 mins later he called back and said I would get what I had paid for. 30 minutes later head office faxed budget and said I had paid for a bigger car than what they originally had instructed. So, I spent 1.5 hrs, and 30 pounds on the phone, to sort Holiday Autos tightness. Wonder how many have the persistence or time to do that? So even if the price was low its not really very good. Renting cars is not hard, but sometimes bad things happen, good companies sort it out without a fuzz, Holiday Autos dont.
On top of this, you normally get the same or even better deals with the majors. So, therefore, never again...

Product Information : holidayautos.com