holidayautos.com

holidayautos.com

Review of "holidayautos.com"

published 19/09/2016 | bigblockofcheese
Member since : 19/09/2016
Pro Absolutely nothing, avoid them.
Cons Dreadful service, rude behaviour, the feeling of having been scammed by crooks.
Type of car rented
Available selection
Customer Service
Vehicle Quality

"Terrible service, extortionate behaviour, just the worst. Avoid!"

I booked with Holiday Autos, who subcontract to local rental companies, in my case this was with Firefly. My Holiday Autos reservation was to pick up a vehicle on 15th August at 2.00pm, and we arrived at the rental pickup desk at 2.15pm after clearing passport control. The queue was enormous, and it became apparent that this was because all the customers in front of us were complaining, because they had NO CARS AVAILABLE for the people who had got confirmed reservations that they had paid for. Literally everyone who had reserved and paid in advance for a vehicle was being told that they had NO CARS AVAILABLE!

When we reached the front of the queue we were told that they had no cars available, but that a truck was coming from another part of the island with rental vehicles, though this was at least TWO HOURS AWAY. At this time they had no other cars (or at least so they claimed) and therefore were unable to do anything except tell us that they hoped a car would be available in two hours time.

After 40 minutes of waiting, the customer service representative then said she had ONE car available, but she would only provide this if we paid a supplement of an additional 100 Euros. I argued that this was not reasonable, and that given the circumstances I felt she should offer us the upgrade at no charge as she was unable to provide the car that had been reserved. She rudely said there was nothing she could do. She then turned to another customer who was waiting, and offered the same car to him, but for just 50 Euros.

This was completely maddening - she was essentially auctioning off the car, to people who had pre-paid reservations, but only if they were willing to pay additional fees!

After an hour of waiting around in the queue, and with no update having been provided about the location of the vehicles that would supposedly be arriving, and with no other apparent realistic choice available, I took the vehicle with the extra charges under duress but made it clear I would be raising the matter with Holiday Autos, which I did within 24 hours. Holiday Autos then said it would take them 20 business days to investigate the matter, an incredibly slow timeframe that they still failed to meet.

Over one month later they have finally got in touch to say there is nothing they will do, and that this is all my fault as I "arrived late" at the rental desk, which is absolute rubbish - I booked the vehicle from 2.00pm and I was in the line by 2.15pm. In my experience their service is characterized by incompetence, rudeness, and an attitude which I can only describe as 'scammers'.

I therefore ended up having to pay an additional 100 Euros to obtain a car which I hadn't wanted, because the hire company refused to provide me with the hire car that I had reserved and paid for.

This is my first experience with Holiday Autos and it will also be my last. I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes than deal with their incompetence ever again. I heartily suggest you avoid them like the plague.

• Silveryew published 20/01/2017
    Oh dear what a dreadful experience :S
  • RICHADA published 21/09/2016
    Truly awful service - and at the same time, true to form 50 reviewers and only 1.5 stars would put me off of touching these cowboys. Bad, bad company. R.
  • Nymphypig published 20/09/2016