holidays-uncovered.com

Travel Information

Review of "holidays-uncovered.com"

published 30/01/2001 | birling
Member since : 30/01/2001
Pro Plenty of comments both good and bad.
Cons Weak on non-European destinations.
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Essential reading before you book a holiday"

Holidays Uncovered now forms an essential part of the process I undertake to select every package holiday I book. The brochure is always biased and I also find that the magic under-the-counter 'gazetteer' is very subtle in making any criticisms. The 'gazetteer' by-the-way is the so-called independent guide that travel agents keep hidden from us public.

The best way to be sure of a good holiday is by personal recommendation and that is exactly what you get with Holidays-Uncovered.

The site allows individuals to submit reviews of their package holiday experiences for all to see. There are very good reviews and very bad reviews. The reviews are published exactly as received so the English is not always the best.

In my opinion the bad reviews don't help too much but the great reviews tell you exactly where you should be going.

The site covers packages by all the leading tour operators such as Thomson, First Choice, JMC and Airtours. Separate pages are dedicated to each destination and these include Majorca, Minorca, Ibiza, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarotes, the Spanish Costas, the Greek isles and most other package holiday destinations.

Even if you've already arranged your holiday the site is worth checking because some of the reviewers have given their personal do's and don'ts on eating, drinking and touring.

I find it a thoroughly enjoyable read on a cold wet English evening!

Take a look at www.holiday-uncovered.com

• scottyk published 05/02/2001
    nice to meet a fellow holiday-holic! Those people who update it for a hobby are good people. Keep up the good work!
  • ImogenW published 30/01/2001
    Hope you don't mind me saying this, but when I saw your op outlines in the 20 latest queue, I thought it sounded very intriguing - a site I'd never heard of doing something really interesting. I have to confess I was very disappointed when I saw it - it's so short and confusing! What's the Gazetteer? What sort of holidays does this cover? Is it just the UK or international? Who comes in for criticism? There's so much more to say - please say it and I'll improve my rating!