The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
Have a look at www.holidaytruths.co.uk. An even more information and better laid out site than another information style website mentioned previously.
I'll list the good points and bad points separately as there is quite a lot of information.
1. The list of resorts is on the left hand side, so you just click on the country you require.
2. It then brings up list of hotels that the webmaster has pre-loaded, this is a quite thankless task, as the hotels must sring up overnight in some resorts, so you may not be able to see a review of the hotel you require. They all seem to have the main hotels / apts that are mentioned in British brouchures though.
3. After you've clicked on the resorts, it brings up the accommodation list mentioned above, this then shows some of the description from whichever tour operator and if anyone has sent a review of the hotel in their comments will show underneath.
4. There is a community information forum as well, which has lots of questions, comments and advice mentioned on it, well worth the read.
5. Also a guestbook for people to say what they think of the site.
1. Very colourful 2. Loads to read 3. If you can't find your hotel referred to in the main section a look on the forum may help, or you can always leave a request and quite often someone will have replied. 4. The webmaster used to offer his comments a lot (see the bad points list for this)
1. It hasn't had any hotels or comments added to it for a while since November, as he was moving house and seemed to be having problems with telephone line's. (But the info forum seems to making up for that, hundreds of comments and opinions are on there to make up for lack of new updates etc)
2. Advertising pop up boxes appear and don't vanish when you close the site down (that drives me mad).
3. Some of the countries have had a table put on their section listing which hotels have been commented on which is a brill idea, but it never carried on much after the countries beginning with the letter D. I gather the website is being re-designed as well so maybe not much point continuing with the table layout.
All in all though an nice, colourful well presented site, certainly worth a look, it would keep you enthralled all day. Also you wouldn't go near some of the hotels mentioned with a 200ft barge pole.
The comments are honest, some people don't like their favourite resort being slagged off, but it is after all someone's opinion. I for example wasn't mad on Salou of which I posted a comment on and got slagged off quite badly for daring to say it in their forum by Salou addicts. But my family love Alcudia (amongst other places) which other people call Blackpool in the sun, so it just goes to show everyone has their own opinion.
An informative review. I hadn't heard of this site before, and I found the input on all-inclusive holidays very useful. Joy
Bevdav 05.03.2001 16:40
Thanks, but just to say lately there's been what seems to be some scare mongering going on in that forum. So do take some things with pinches of salt. If I got paid for putting opinions on the Holiday Truths forum I'd be rolling it in by now! Bev
Dizz 05.03.2001 16:35
Great opinion! I will be sure to take a look at this website when going on holiday.