homelidays.com

Review of "homelidays.com"

published 09/10/2006 | pkinias
Member since : 09/10/2006
Pro Easy to use website
Cons Refuses to publish negative reviews of properties

"Avoid Homelidays like the plague"

My wife and I rented an apartment for two weeks in Tropea, Italy through Homelidays.com. The website stated that "98% of renters satisfied with their stay." The apartment we selected had received 100% glowing reviews from previous renters. When we arrived, we discovered the description the owner had given to the website contained major misrepresentations as to location, size and features. The apartment was totally unacceptable for our purposes; we forfeited our deposit and found other accommodations. On our return, I wrote a negative review for the property. Homelidays, however, refused to post the review, saying the owner disagreed with it and Homelidays had no way of telling who was right. No wonder there were only positive reviews! Nothing on Homelidays' website said negative reviews were not published. After this experience, I would tell everyone to avoid Homelidays. They are clearly only interested in renting property and not giving honest feedback from renters.

• Tempus_Fugit published 09/10/2006
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience but as I have no idea what the website/holiday company do it would have been helpful to get a general introductions as well so I would know. Do they charge for their service? Who advertises? Is it regulated in any way? All these are thing I would like to know.
  • chasmesque published 09/10/2006
    Thank you for the warning will steer clear of this lot. Good review