hotornot.com

Online Humour

Review of "hotornot.com"

published 26/07/2001 | IainCMartin
Member since : 05/07/2000
Pro Fun, free for general use
Cons You could get a nasty shock !!

"Putting your face on the line"

OK, so you write on Ciao - some people like what you say, the subjects you write about, your writing style and the opinions you have, but others don't !!

Does it hurt ? Well everyone likes the nice comments, the 'well dones' and the positive ratings and probably feel a little let down with the harsh put-downs and the negative ratings but it is after all just an opinion on our opinions.

Your face though is a different matter - love it or hate, bar plastic surgery it is the face you will go through life with and you obviously hope that others will see something within it that they like.

HotorNot gives you the chance (if you dare) to post your picture on the net and have the discerning (or otherwise) internet community pass judgement on it !!

Ratings are from 1 to 10 (very hot !!) with an average being given once the ratings start to tot up (I've only just plucked up courage to post mine - so I haven't got an average - but I will update when I get one - honest !!). I guess it could be quite encouraging (or shattering) to discover that others view you in a different way to the way you view yourself.

For those of us with low views of our aesthetic qualities, we may find that some people out there actually find something attractive in our quirky features (well my wife says she did !!) while those who think they are God's Gift may just have a few home truths to face !!

But to be serious, don't take the site too seriously - it is after all only opinions (even though they ARE slightly personal), treat is a bit of a laugh and enjoy rating and being rated (see, it's just like Dooyoo) and if you want you could even try the 'Meet Me' section.

Basic use of the sight is free (but you could click on the sponsors to help fund the site) with premium options available, but unless you take this beyond a bit of fun the premium options shouldn't be necessary !!

Anyway, pop down and have a quick laugh, it's bound to fill a few minutes (or more)and please don't be too harsh if my picture comes up - but then again my wife loves me and that's all that matters !!

• IainCMartin published 27/07/2001
    Thanks for the good wishes niclemamy !!
  • niclemamy published 27/07/2001
    Oh I don't think this sounds like a site I would be brave enough to post a piccy on, lol. Nice op btw and I hope you get lots of good feedback on this site :) Nicola
  • Bigbaz published 26/07/2001
    I dont think Im brave enough for this...........Baz