htmail.com

Reward & Loyalty

Review of "htmail.com"

published 03/04/2001 | brianlfc
Member since : 08/11/2000
Oh well, thought I'd pop by to see how all you folks are doing :) Kate is now 9 months old and is a little darling :)
Pro Better pay-rates, pay in POUNDS, more proffessional than the others
Cons not enough emails

"A BIT DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHERS"

Yes I know what you must be thinking, “Is there actually a paid-for-email program I have not signed for”, well to tell you the truth, there are lots I have not signed for, but never mind, I’ll soon have them all.

Anyway, lets get on to the latest of my “paid-for-Email” opinions; the program is “HTMail”. I have been a member of “HTMail“ for several months now, and despite only receiving about Eight Emails, I have earned more off them than lots of the others, the reason being, “HTMail” is a bit different than the usual ones, which enables them to pay you more for each Email you receive.

What is HTMail?

Like lots of these programs, well all of them actually, you sign-up which is a very easy process, in which you give your details and interests, and that’s it, but the difference with this program is the payments and what you have to do. Unlike other “Paid-for-Emails” programs, where you just click on the link, load the page, wait for it to fully load and that’s it, with “HTMail” you click on the link, take a quick look around the site, then a little window will open, in this window there are about 6 to 8 simple questions, which include simple things like “Did you like this website” or “What did you not like about the website”, you then fill in this form, which will take you a couple of minutes, and that’s it.

For doing this, you will receive more than the usual 3 to 5 cents, to which the others pay, you will receive around 15 pence (as long as you fill in the short form), which is in fact around 5 to 6 times better than the average “paid-for-Email” program.

You can also get the usual referral base, which will help your earnings grow, I’m not really sure on the referral rates, but they are usually about 10% of their earnings go into your account.

Another difference that “HTMail” has over it other competitors is, they don’t actually have a homepage to which you check your stats, (which probably enables them to pay that bit more) they actually send you a statement of your earnings and emails read on the next email you receive, which saves you the trouble of logging on to a web site to check your stats.

When do you get paid?

You can request your payment once you have earned £5 or more, and you can be paid by cheque, in UK pounds, so no exchange rates here or you can use a bank account to be paid, to which I think is the more useful.

What are my thoughts on HTMail?

I think “HTMail” will turn out to be a fairly successful venture, although it will never get you rich (none of these programs ever will), but it seems a bit more professional than the others, the reasons being, rather than just loading pages and getting paid for them, this program actually requires you to take a quick look around these sites and supply some feed-back, so that the site owners know exactly what needs changing to improve there site, and make it more use-friendly.

Summary:

I find these “Paid-for-email” programs are slightly better than the “Paid-to-surf” programs, as they are less time consuming, there’s no need to have silly Pay-Bars running on your computer, and after all most people receive Spam emails off various companies anyway, so you might as well be paid (although its only coppers) for reading them, so considering its free, you can opt out at any time, and it’s a very simple process, I can’t see the problem with giving them a try and I would recommend this program to anyone interested.

• e.j.kingham published 19/09/2005
    You cant complain at a few extra pennys!
  • 1pinkpear published 07/08/2005
    Will have to go and have a look at this one.................thanks.........great review ;)
  • auntyrottie published 19/03/2005
    A good review. I can't say I've ever really checked to see what the rates are, but as yet, I haven't received any money off them.. Should really go back in and have a look-see. Take care. Maria. x.