Wearsidel... 5

Wearsidelass

Member since:14.08.2003

V V V = Virtual v Vet

13.11.2007

Advantages:
Saves you substantial amounts of money

Disadvantages:
None

49 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. kandara
  1. SusanLesley
  2. lilyellowfish
  3. sarahbarrow

All dog owners talk to each other about the cost of pet products and it is the little old dears who walk their dogs in my local park that know all the cheap places to buy these products.

Earlier this year I was complaining to one of the ladies about the cost of Frontline from my vet - I had just paid £26 for a pack 3 pipettes for dogs 10-20kg size. She told me about a company based in Middleton on Tees called Canine Chemists that sold pet supplies at a greatly reduced cost to those purchased from the vet. She brought me a dog catalogue and I was truly amazed at the cost savings.

The website for this company is www.hyperdrug.co.uk and you can check out that it is a registered company (Hyperdrug Pharmaceuticals Limited) and acts in accordance with the Medicines Act as a pharmacy. Check out website: http://www.rpsgb.org.uk. They have a number of trademarks (Canine Chemists, Equine Pharmacy, Pigeon Pharmacy but it is generally known as Hyperdrug Veterinary Supplies and they are a wholesale and retail pharmacy. Apparently they have been trading for over 173 years so if that isn't a good recommendation then I don't know what is!

Now my vet hates companies like this because they are selling products cheaper than he does. But because vets' bills are so high these days, the client needs to be able to buy pet products as cheaply as possible - every penny counts!

Let me tell you that on my first order I saved quite a substantial amount of money! As mentioned above, the vet charged me £26 for 3 pipettes - I ordered 6 Frontline pipettes (10kg - 20kg) from Hyperdrug, through their website, and was charged £21! Yes, I know, you can't believe it but it's true.

I have since purchased Frontline from this website for my two smaller Cavaliers (up to 10kg) and Drontal tablets (worming tablets) and for a pack of 6 Frontline pipettes it cost £20.63 and 8 Drontal Plus tablets £13.25 plus £2 P&P. If you ordered the Drontal tablets on their own then postage is free. For 2 Drontal tablets from my vet I am charged £5 so you can see that there are great savings to be made. The more Drontal tablets you buy the cheaper the price.

Now this site sells all kinds of things for dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, guinea pigs and pigeons. It's very easy to order - either by their website, phone, fax or by mail. They do sell prescription medicine but you do need a prescription from your vet. Now I do know that my vet charges £5 for the issue of prescriptions yet on the Hyperdrug site they state that "No extra charges to be made for writing these prescriptions during an initial three year period".

Hyperdrug are selling, on prescription, Optimmune ointment (which I need for my Cavalier Molly who has dry eyes) at a cost of £24.70 plus P&P. At the moment, because I argued so much with my vet about the cost of this ointment (he charges £36 now) he lets me have it "for a special price of £30). I could argue the point further and state that he shouldn't charge £5 for a prescription and perhaps save myself about £3 if I purchased it from Hyperdrug.

I told a work colleague about this site as she was complaining about the cost of horse supplies. She later thanked me for recommending Hyperdrug as it was saving her quite a substantial amount of money and she was overjoyed.

I have found the site extremely efficient. I normally order one day and have my order delivered the next day. When trying to order my last lot of Frontline/Drontal a slight problem appeared on the website - it came up with an order confirmation number but no information so I telephoned the company. They immediately checked their system and confirmed that I had indeed sent through the order. They were very courteous and polite and I received my order two days later.

Orders for prescription only medicines are charged at £2 and are sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery - whether you have one or more medicines. They will ship goods outside of the UK and the checkout section on their website will calculate the cost. All data is secured on the website by VERISIG and they confirm that they will not pass on your details to anyone else.

Below are some contact details and I do recommend you try this website if you want to save money on your pet supplies. Vets seem to be getting richer whilst the client gets poorer so every penny counts, doesn't it?

Hyperdrug Pharmaceuticals Limited

Email: sales@hyperdrug.co.uk
enq uiries@hyperdrug.co.uk

Check them out.

SusanLesley 20.08.2008 21:11

Thank you for your help. I have just ordered both deworming and defleaing stuff from hypervet. Susan

Minha 18.02.2008 18:52

Definitely in for a visit from me - thanks for the information! Hazel xx

CPTDANIELS 22.01.2008 14:00