Lozzyjay 4

Lozzyjay

Member since:04.08.2010

A fun idea, that works surprisingly well!

25.09.2010

Advantages:
Good sound quality, nice design .

Disadvantages:
Bit expensive, makes you hot at sweaty !

Performance

23 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. psirac
  2. paulpry118
  3. rojm

I have a sister who permanently has her ipod attached to her person, permanently listening to music, permanently not listening to a word I say. My sister also is obsessed with hats, you never see her without one on, and subsequently the bottom half of her hair is considerably lighter than the top half!

I was looking for a Christmas present for her last year when I came across this! A mixture of her two obsessions! Hats and music! I couldn't go wrong. I wasn't buying it at the time for it to be an amazing present, and I didn't expect there to be incredible sound quality! It was more of a jokey present, but one that I hoped she would love and use lots!

There are quite a few brands out there that make a hat/headphone combination, but I found that iLogic, although the most expensive, easily had the better reviews, and the others appeared to be cheaper copies of this product! I bought it from iwantoneofthose.com, and I bought it for £14.99. It came in 3 colours: Black, white and pink. There could have been more variety, but I think these colours cover most bases. I went with the white hat.

Now let me just explain how this sound hat works! It's basically a hat as you can see in the picture. There is a wire coming out of the back which you then plug into your ipod, and the headphones are effectively stitched into the hat, meaning that you can hear your music, without annoying earbuds in your ears, and whilst keeping your head warm and looking cool!

The hat is one colour all the way round, and has a logo of an equaliser on the back of the hat, it is made from 100% polyester too, which does keep your head warm, but also makes you sweat a bit if you wear it for a long time. It only comes in one size, as a one size fits all, and it fitted every one of my family members' heads perfectly! But if you have an exceptionally small or large head, this may be something to consider before buying it! The headphones, for all of us, were perfectly places, right over our ears so the music played into them perfectly. Again, if your ears are high up or low down, this could be a problem!!

The wire leading from the hat is 98cm long, which for me was a perfect length. If I placed my ipod in my pocket, the wire isn't too long so as it's waving around everywhere and it isn't too tight either so that the jack pulls out of the headphone slot! I think it fits and works with the majority of ipods, and it is a standard 3.5mm jack which works with most electrical music players.

The sound quality is actually surprisingly good. It sounds just as though you are wearing normal headphones. I was worried that with them being in the hat, you would hear music blaring out of the hat but it's very discreet and you can't hear anymore noise than you would if you were wearing normal headphones.

This is definitely an item to wear in the winter, and my sister did use it in the winter too. It does make your head hot, and you do have to make sure the headphones are perfectly placed over your ears, but if you're going for a walk in the cold, then it kills two birds with one stone!

Not an item that you can expect to replace your normal headphones, but still a fun gadget to own nonetheless!

paulpry118 26.09.2010 22:29