ipoints.co.uk

Review of "ipoints.co.uk"

published 15/03/2001 | loulou6
Member since : 24/06/2000
Pro something for nothing
Cons it will take you over a month to earn enough points

"update, What do points make...."

That's right, PRIZES!

Earning points while you purchase things is not a new concept, Tescos started with its card where you receive a point for every pound you spend, other offline stores followed suit and have used this very good marketing ploy to get new (or keep) customers as well.

Online stores have also jumped on the bandwagon, but Ipoints seems to be the epitome of the point scheme genre, you collect Ipoints (at varying amounts per pound spent) every time you shop at one of the sites from their web-site. You can also earn points for joining and completing surveys. Once you have at least 22 Ipoints they can be exchanged for anything between cinema tickets to CDs, from short holiday breaks and even skydiving!

The thing that put me off to start was that you had to purchase items, but you can now earn free Ipoints everyday. Scroll down to the bottom of their homepage where it says “Check out the fantastic deals from these great Ipoints advertisers. Just trust us – we are SURE you’ll like them”.

At the mo they have two banner adverts, and at 3 Ipoints between them it'll take a while to save enough ‘free’ points for a voucher. But within 50 days, you’ll have enough for a £10.00 voucher(they do all types of voucher from M&S to PC World and Debenhams) I know that sounds like ages, but with the surveys giving around 50 Ipoints, it’ll soon add up. They have also started sending out e-mails with clickable links for ipoints, this will pump up your total.

Joining up with ‘MyOffers’ (or MySpam, as I like to call them) through the Ipoints site will also earn you an extra 25-35 ipoints per month, all for completing a few questionnaires (and receiving junk mail). These are supposed to be added to your total every Friday, although, sometimes it can take them a couple of weeks.

They have also got quite a few well known names on site now like Pharmacy2U and Which ?nline, you can earn as much as 70 ipoints from Justgoodbooks (nearly worth a fiver!).

The site is only quicker since they revamped their homepage a while ago, it’s very easy to understand and is nicely laid out. Just remember to sign in before clicking on any of the banners. It would be nice to have a drop down list to see how many more points I would need for the Formula 1 racing day ;+)

In the past when I’ve reached enough Ipoints for a £5.00 voucher(when they offered them for 75/80 Ipoints, I’ve cashed in, (just in case they went under like a few other dotcoms) and within 3-5 days of requesting it – it has plopped onto my doormat – cool! However, I have been told by Ipoints staff (when I was worried after 4 days) that unless the letter is returned to them, they won’t re-issue another voucher, therefore if you are going for the vouchers, I would suggest getting them at the minimum amount of 10 pounds. Just so you don’t lose out that much if they go missing.

Now that Beenz are looking like they'll go under, I’ll be sticking to Ipoints, although, after joining ‘YourSource’ over 2 months ago and not receiving the promised 10 ipoints I’m getting a bit cheesed off. Even so, I'll give it 4 out of 5, because you can earn points for free just by visiting and clicking 3 times.

If you are going to buy something over the net, look at Mypoints/Ipoints and WebRewards, check out who will give you the most points/WR’s and get your extra points for free!

The only disadvantage that I can see is that it takes 2 minutes off of your day, so I would definately recommend Ipoints due to the simple fact that they give you something for nothing, in this day and age – we all need all the help we can get!

• RobinLawrie published 10/06/2001
    Nice op. Lou, I have to keep reminding myself to go and get my 3 points.....Robin
  • loulou6 published 08/06/2001
    Thanks matey!!!!
  • sunbeam published 08/06/2001
    loulou, just to let you know its 5 daily points now. Pharmacy2U will give you two for visiting...see forum..heehee Good op too :) sunbeam x