ipoints.co.uk

Reward & Loyalty

Review of "ipoints.co.uk"

published 05/03/2010 | mozzie76
Member since : 21/08/2008
I will only rate one review, per person, per day. It's only fair and allows me to share the love!
Pro Easy to earn points and great choice of gifts
Cons none

"Points mean prizes"

I am finding just how useful the internet is to when it comes to making extra money. I have already reviewed some cashback websites, but I have discovered reward websites, which offer gifts instead of money. I was a bit doubtful at first, but I have been converted.

One of these reward websites, which I have discovered, is called ipoints.co.uk. Ipoints promotes itself by stating that it gives points for shopping, competitions, surveys and emails. Registration involves answering many questions and I started to get frustrated with it, but I stuck with it.

Just as with the cashback websites, you can visit retailers through the ipoints website and be rewarded for it, with various values of points. Points are awarded according to either registration, ranging from 100- 500 points or per money spent at the retailer, normally 2-10 points per £1 spent. Competitions are available on the website and usually have a return of 50-250 points.

It is necessary to add your email address during registration, as surveys and emails are sent and carry points rewards. Normally you get 5 points for clicking through to a link in an email or you may be able to earn more by completing a form. Surveys can vary between 100 and 250 points, depending on the length of the survey.

You are probably thinking to yourself, it is great to be rewarded with points, but unless you know what gifts are available to exchange for these points and how much they are worth, it is not very useful. The list of gifts is very large and includes £10 vouchers, electrical toys, DVDs and experience days. As an example of the worth of the points, a £10 voucher for Sainsbury’s is worth 3000 points, so that is 300 points per £1. This is a reasonable amount of return and will try to uses this rough estimation, before deciding if it is worth completing surveys or registrations.

I am very eager to build my points total as soon as possible and claim a gift, The question is which gift to aim for?

• CelticSoulSister published 01/06/2016
    Well reviewed!
  • ALM1 published 06/03/2010
    I am a panellist on a several survey sites and this one is an odd mix of survey/reward/cashback. If you only do the surveys (as I do) it takes a very long time to get anywhere near their payment level!
  • xKatieeex published 05/03/2010
    You haven't been able to comment on whether the actually pay out or not. More information could be put in about what retailers you can earn points from or how long it can take to accumulate points. If you add this info in, I'll be more than happy to rerate.