lisacallo... 5

lisacallow

Member since:10.09.2004

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

31.01.2006

Advantages:
vast, varied and excellent value

Disadvantages:
Temptation may prove too much !  !

19 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. SusanLesley
  2. Belle
  3. glenandem

Have you ever wondered what to get the man in your life? Maybe you've only known him 2 weeks, or maybe you've been going for a steady two years, surpassing the honeymoon period and have settled into a life of comfortable coupledom.

Almost every lady will be wondering, (particularly at this time of year) what on earth you get for your significant other for the "day d'amour" or Valentines Day as it's nostalgically known.

I, like many, have been trawling the shops and the net for the last few weeks, in an attempt to get some pre-rush inspiration. Because in fairness I don't have a clue! I mean yes, I could be the modern woman and take HIM to dinner or such like, or be daring enough to buy him a rose even, but somehow, although the traditional gestures are romantic, they don't seem to have the same effect on THEM, as they do on us!

So what do you do, say a month of dating since that crimbo party where you got together, and you want to convey your affection in a manner that befits his manliness, without being too soppy or forward?
Well I'll tell you! One of the few places on the net that seems to meet every possible circumstance of love, whether its young and fresh, or matured in it's progression, there's something at iwantoneofthose.com, that will match your requirement.

I came across the site by chance, after joining a rewards channel, recommended on Ciao. And thankfully, they seem to have identified our need for organisation, as they have a full valentines variety section on the website for our perusal.

Ease of use:

The navigation aspect of the site is well designed for even the least experienced internet user. With clearly identifiable menu tabs along the top of the screen, you are directed in a matter of seconds to the sector you prefer, from electronics to the downright hilarious gizmos! Office Toys, Valentines, Lifestyle and Home, you name it!!!
On the left hand side of the screen, there is a full list of valentines gift ideas, so you can search out of curiosity just by a single click! It does feature a site search facility too, so you cn search more specifically if you have an idea of what you are looking for, simply by entering a key word. The results aren't the kind of random one-word associations you get with alot of sites either, they do try to match your criteria as best they can.

Service:

Having purchased several items from this company (I sneakily used them for xmas gifts too!), I have found their service to be paramount in terms of quality.
Delivery is one of the key areas I always look at, because I am sick of internet companies who insist on charging a fortune to get your goodies delivered. A cool £3.95 is the standard rate, however there is a brilliant deal of FREE delivery if you spend over £40. And believe me it is easy to do on a site like this. There are several delivery choices, which do vary in price if you would prefer a premium service, whereby you would recieve your goods before 12pm the next working day.

The site gives you the ability to track your orders, provides confirmation emails, and gives you a variety of ways to pay. You can purchase "in an instant" via the website, which acccepts the majority of cards, or take advantage of the mail order option. This second idea is particularly ideal for those worried about online security etc (although this site has a security assured certificate), you can place an order online or over the phone and then send a cheque or postal order to pay for your goods. Bearing in mind this will take longer as funds will take the standard 7 days clearance time.

The other aspect of the service that stands out is the provision of the customer service department, which you can access via telephone, and speak to a living, breathing human being on the other end who WILL understand a word you say! This again is ideal if you prefer to order by phone, or have queries relating to a purchase.
I phoned up 2 weeks prior to christmas with an enquiry about the spec of a product and the lady I spoke to was both patient and responsive, so highly recommendable.

Pricing:

Now you are probably wondering about the astronomical gift prices, but this isn't one of those exclusive online boutiques, although it's initial layout is quite classy.
The prices start at a fab fiver, and obviously it does depend on what you are looking for,, but I have found some fantastic gift ideas, (using the Gift Search facility) for between £10-£20. Add your delivery charge and it's most likely how much you would spend on a good quality gift from the high street, inclusive of your petrol price!!!

Product |Quality and Value for Money:

Whilst the main gist of this review is to provide info on gift ideas, I can personally comment on a couple of products I have purchased from the site for myself.
I was browsing the site in the new year, and was intrigued by the Lifestyle and Home section. There's a whole array of kitsch and funky ideas for your home, from mood lighting, to gadgets for the kitchen and bathroom.
After recently re-decorating, I was browsing the lighting section and came across these fab little "Oggz" lights. Small egg-shaped style lamps that come with a charging cradle, but then allow you to place them anywhere in the room once fully charged. I've bought gadgets like this before, and found the lifetime to be unexpectedly short, but I have had these going almost every night since I got them, and haven't had any problems with the quality or had to replace bulbs or anything like that. So what you see is what you do really get!

In terms of value for money, the prices are reflective of the quality in some respects, but still cheaper than similar gadget site to this. And coupled with the cheap postage (by the way all items come fully packaged and protected) you can't go wrong.

I highly recommend visiting the site as there are so many aspects, too many in fact to cover here.
Hastening to add, that this website is more akin to a high street store than a virtual e-shop, purely down to the thought that has gone into making the buying process both secure and enjoyable for it;s customers. Have a look for yourself if you are in doubt, visit the site and read the policies to re-assure yourself if you have reservations about buying online. I have heard nothing but praise for this shop from my friends whom I have introduced.

I've just bought the Polar Bear Warmer... for me ;)

So why not take a look, and you might surprise yourself and find something for that special day!

flumpet 05.02.2006 14:14

Good informative review, I'll certainly give this one a look over :-)

Magdalena 31.01.2006 17:18

Great review! I have heard of this because ages ago someone gave me an "I want one of those" booklet, and I keep meaning to look at the site, but never quite got round to it.

smcccc 31.01.2006 16:33

Good review....Sharon : )