ryan_kerr... 2

ryan_kerr10

Member since:07.04.2004

Kazaa - All Pain, No Gain!

19.04.2004

Advantages:
Easy to sawp Files, Is useful if searching for rare files

Disadvantages:
Contains a lot of unwanted Programs when downloaded .

Recommendable No:

somewhat helpful by (26%):
  1. monsieur.Joda
  2. ClaireG86
  3. Bigbaz

First of all, what is Kazaa?

Kazaa is a program that has the ability for people to share files with each other no matter what country they live in or how far apart they are from each other. Kazaa is a Peer-to-Peer software. Kazaa is literally a huge database of files from every user, such as music, pictures and software.

When you search for a file in Kazaa you are checking the files of everybody online to see if they have that file or something very similar.

When you download from Kazaa, the speed is determined by the bandwith of the other users. A standard dial-up modem which has a dencent bandwidth can download at around 4kb/s. Even if you have broadband, and download from someone who has a dial-up connection, you can only downlaod as quick as they upload. So the speed may still be 4kb/s. The best way to speed up Kazaa your download is to download file used by many users which have a high bandwidth.

My Review

I previously installed Kazaa and was not very happy with it.

When I installed it my Internet Explorer stopped working. It caused many errors such as every time I typed in a web address it brought up this website, perfectnav.

Another time it caused nearly every word on the page to change to a link to a certain website, ntsearch, I think. This was very annoying and ruined my enjoyment of the internet.

Although you are warned when installing Kazaa that you are also installing this software, you are not told what it actually does.

I am not saying that Kazaa is not good. It is extremely useful and does what it is designed to do extremely well. It is just the excess bagagge that come with it.

If you want my advice, I would install Kazaa Lite as it does not include any of this type software, to the best of my knowledge and is still free. However if you are loyal supporter of Kazaa then you could spend the $30 and buy the software without any additional 'baggage.'

I find Kazza Lite easy to use and it include an .avi player which I don't think Kazaa has.

So if you ask me Kazaa is a very useful piece of software which does what it is suposed to do, however the 'Adware' or extra software that comes with it causes a lot of hassle which people could do without. Therefore if you are planing on downloading a Peer-To-Peer software like Kazza for free, choose Kazaa Lite and not Kazaa.

Ryan Kerr

abc123cde 23.06.2004 17:42

Kazaa Gold is the best. It doesn't have any of the stuff you described. If you want music you should use Bear Share. I also use Bit Tornado. Anyway good review

ralfschumacher 17.05.2004 14:03

KAZAA IS CRAP! There are to many ads and spyware with this so I never use it anymore. I use 'edonkey' and 'Torrent topia' and my downloads stay at a good speed all the time. Good review mate. --Chris--

COOOEEE 05.05.2004 22:55

Sounds too much hassle for me. I am surprised you gave it so many stars in the rating. Fionaxx