kaZaa.com

Review of "kaZaa.com"

published 16/12/2005 | simon_moorby
Member since : 24/10/2005
Satisfactory
Pro free music, easy downloading
Cons spyware in most versions

"Zazaa"

I have not used kazaa in a few months now due to lots of corrupted music downloads and the fact im on dial-up mean i can only download a limited number of songs per week.
This is a great peer to peer sharing program but it does have some serious drawbacks.
In most of the versions of the software there is spyware,ads and popups that are most annoying.
There is now lots of dead music on there, usually you can tell if you are downloading one of these as it will giva an unusually long play time on the inbult player.
I have tried several peer to peer downloading softwares such as limewire and bitcommet etc and I have now moved on and download music from napster and buying music singles and albums from shops.
Since i have started using napster I have never had a faulty track and althought it costs a small amount to buy the music it is well worth it knowing that it is going to be good quality and what you what.
overall i say that kazaa has had its day and althought used to be good it now no longer performs as well as it use to.

• MrGrumble published 21/12/2005
    Good review. I've rated helpful as you have alerted potential users of this software to it's shortcomings (I don't think you've left any out as I've used the software). I _used_ to use kazaa lite, as it has no adware or spyware but it does suffer from the same 'dead tracks' syndrome. For me to rate higher, I would have liked to have seen more info on Kazaa's (many) features and even possibly a discourse on the morality of using it! (but hey, that's just me :-). If you're looking for good, free music, try music.download.com (no www.) It's completely free, the only snag being that it's by artists you have probably never heard of! It's worth a try and every track is guaranteed playable! Keep at it :-) Mr G.
  • riccardo_milesaleno published 20/12/2005
    great review ive never used kazaa and dont want to
  • Gemerina published 19/12/2005
    this review needs to be expanded on as a former user of Kazaa myself there was not enough information, for example Kazaa can make your pc run slower as it takes up a lot of memory (well it did for mine anyway) i had to reinstall everything on my pc when i used kazaa as the program corrupted my pc