lateescapes.com

Online Holiday Booking

Review of "lateescapes.com"

published 25/02/2001 | joannetillin
Member since : 15/12/2000
Pro Incredible low cost, fast running site, easy to use
Cons None! Though I guess I'd like to see more cheap trips to NY!
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Take a break at an affordable price"

Normally I am fortunate enough to go on two family holidays a year - one main holiday abroad and then a shorter holiday in the UK. We had booked our main one to go to Malta later this year, but were having trouble deciding on a location for the second break. After some surfing around, we came across www.lateescapes.com

We are really thrilled that we did! We have managed to book a week's holiday for five people in a large mobile home in France at the minor cost of £161 including channel crossing! Bargain!

To use the website, you need to register. After having done this, you can place bids on holidays - as many as you please, I might add, within reason! The website is very user-friendly and full of interesting information.

On looking at the website today, there was a fly drive for two people to Florida at the bargain price of £151! You can also bid on holidays which start at £1! So I suppose in theory, you could get a day trip to France for that much and not even bother with the holiday, hahah!

Seriously though, this website is secure and perfectly legitimate. You receive an e-mail to confirm the winning bid, and then a representative from the relevant holiday company calls you to confirm any details. Check it out if you want to grab yourself a cheap break - but without cheap quality!

• MadeinScotland published 21/11/2001
    thanks for this great op - kate
  • sue.51 published 24/03/2001
    Thanks for the info - I am a regular visitor to lateescapes.com and know of one person who has had a successful bid - I think it was £20 per person for a week in Ibiza. I have been dying to try it out - but just a little scared of the outcome - your opinion has given me a boost to try it out
  • Dizz published 26/02/2001
    Thanks, I must have a closer look at this site!