learndirect.co.uk

learndirect.co.uk

Review of "learndirect.co.uk"

published 16/09/2001 | yukkibear
Member since : 08/09/2001
Pro you learn in your own time
Cons i haven't found any personally

"the bugs aren't biting me"

I joined Learn Direct online two weeks ago, after long deliberation, and loking into other courses.

The one thing that put me off in the beginning was that once you have enrolled on the Learn Direct website, you then have to enroll in the Learn Direct Centre in you area before you can access your course.

That was until I saw the box saying TICK HERE TO ENROLL IN A VIRTUAL ONLINE CENTRE. Perfect for me. Upon doing this, I realised there are no virtual centres in my area, but that doesn't matter as you can enrol anywhere.

Prices:

The prices seem to vary in each part of the country, so this is where enrolling online comes in handy, as you can pick the cheapest. After all you shouldn't have to pay a fortune for the privilege of learning something new.

There are loads of courses to choose form, randing from Automotive skills, to IT courses, to business skills, to Basic skills. Something for everyone, and the courses range in the time it takes to complete depending on what course you choose.
I would definately say check it out.

Anyway I enrolled online. The next step was to fill in a form entailing my phone number (so they can contact you to arrange payment etc) and your e-mail address.
Well, I personally don't like giving out my phone number on the net, so I just entered my e-mail address, thinking if nothing came of it I would phone them in person.

Lo and behold, the next morning an e-mail arrived saying thankyou for my interest and would I please fill out a short form to say I had enrolled with learn Direct and that they had given me guidance on my course.
Sent an e-mail back and later on I was enrolled on the course.

I personally have had no problems with pre assessments and post assessments, like I know some people on the Learn Direct website have said they have encountered.
All I can say is that every site has glitches, and I will probably come across some before long. I am enjoying my course very much and for me it's a great way to learn because I can fit it in around everything else.

Ways to Learn:

You can learn online (like I am), or you can learn in a learn direct centre near you. Some of these have creche facilities (you will have to check out your individual centre for more info).
Help is available to you at all times in the form of a tutor if you study online (although not all courses assign tutors). There is the help of message boards. (always good for a read). There are also learn direct staff available on the other end of the phone, or in the centre.

• dreamscancometrue published 18/12/2005
    thanks good review I will be looking into this.
  • missixty published 25/05/2005
    I want to do some distance learning but not sure if they have the courses I'd be interested in x
  • barney_mcrury published 31/08/2003
    i find it very annoying that you have to enrol at a centre, and when i tried to do the online learning thing, the place said they couldnt do it outside their county, gave up in the end!!

Product Information : learndirect.co.uk