amyloop 5

amyloop

Member since:22.02.2006

Is everything going online??

22.02.2007

Advantages:
Easy, quick delivery, easy payment plans

Disadvantages:
Not quite the same as shopping !

7 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. punkessy
  1. CarlyJade90
  2. liz1102
  3. venice105
  1. Lizamabug

I'm not a big fan of internet shopping, mainly because, i am 5'1 and a size 6, and therefore not a lot of shops cater. I have always experimented with different size clothes so that i can get the best of the fashion and I have come to the conclusion that i can get away with a size 8. This doesnt however, stop one problem. All trousers are way too long, and too wide around my legs.
These problems have no doubt led me into believing that I have to spend hours searching round all the shops to find something that fits..and that i actually like!!!

I feel dreadful in saying this but the only reason i made an account with littlewoods, was because i really wanted a nice outfit, i was broke for a few weeks and i knew that littlewoods offer a small credit acount to their customers.

At first, i knew this was a bad idea, but then i read into their terms and conditions and realised that they have very big interest free periods, and payments can be made at any paypoints, or online or over the phone.
So i convinced myself into setting up an account.

The process was simple, simply put in your name, address, a few minor personal details, and thats it your set up.
They then send you an email which says if you have been approved for a credit account. They approved me for 100 pounds which is perfect, as it means i will never get myself into too much trouble, but if i really want something outside of this limit then i can use my debit card to pay for it.

Once i had registered i had a browse.
Its nice browsing through an internet catalogue, you can zoom into the pictures so that any detail on the items can be viewed properly.
You can also check availability easily on the internet which is a big advantage.
When making a purchase or a stock enquiry, you simply select the product, then the size you want or any other variable, and it will automatically tell you if the item is available.

SUPER COOL

Everything is put into a catagory (womens, mens, electrical etc) which make it easier to browse. and if there is something specific that you want to look for there is a search box.
The online catalogue has exacly the same as the paper catalogue.

A big advantage which i was totally impressed at is the customer service. I have experienced bad customer service from so many companies and it really makes contacting the customer service people tiresome.
However, i have had an account with littlewoods for over two months and i have made lots of enquiries, each time, the phone has been answered straight away, (although the staff were miserable) however when emailing i usually get a reply within the day or the next day.
They are really helpful.

The first thing i bought were a pair of jeans which were cheap anyway, but as it was my first order i got a 15 pound discount which made it so worthwhile i could not resist.!!
The jeans came in three different lengths which was perfect because it meant i could get the right fit and not have to spend extra money on getting them taken up.
The fit was perfect and i love the jeans.

The delivery is quick, you can pay for next day, but there delivery in 48hrs is free.
The only problem i have had with delivery is that for the first 2 months of having an account they can only deliver to your home address...big problem for me as i like getting things delivered to my work address, so what i did was i had to wait until the attempted delivery and then go and collect it later that day from the depot. This is not an issue for me but it of course may be a disadvantage for some.

Littlewoods also offer an online tracking service so that you can find out when you delivery is on its way or if the delivery attempt has failed.

The prices of the products are the same as the store prices, however just in case all the products that i have bought so far i have done my research into to make sure that i get the best deal.

Overall i definately recommend that if you have a busy life style or shopping is too stressful, then littlewoods is definately the right way to go, they are reliable, helpful, reasonable all the things that i like best!!!

Happy Shopping

punkessy 06.02.2008 13:58

Top Review! I love Littlewoods without it my new flat would be empty

JGK555 22.02.2007 23:31

Nice review very informative

Lizamabug 22.02.2007 21:44

Hiya, I'd have thought you found shopping online easier than in store being a difficult to find size? I've got a 38DD chest and most stores stop at 38C so I find it easier to shop online. I can get a better variety of cuts and styles too. Anyway, about your review; I liked it, hence the H, but a few things let the review down for me which is why I didn't go for VH. Firstly you've made quite a lot of spelling and grammatical errors (typos I suspect - like we all make) so maybe you could re-read and correct them? And secondly I feel there's a fair bit more that should be said about certain aspects. Note that Littlewoods hasn't just gone online either; Littlewoods shut up shop a few years back and this is their new venture - risen out of the ashes! I think you're a great reviewer hun and I'm not dissing you at all; I just think there's a little bit of room for improvement :o) Elle x.