lush.co.uk

Health & Beauty

Review of "lush.co.uk"

published 25/08/2009 | salmonchaplin
Member since : 26/08/2007
Pro Quick delivery, easy to use site, packaged with popcorn!
Cons Really can't think of anything.

"Brilliant online service from Lush"

(I'd just like to point out, that this is a review of the Lush.co.uk website and it's mail order service. I haven't tried any of the products that I ordered as they were ordered as a gift, but I hope you will find this review useful nonetheless, and if I do get round to using any lush products I'll be sure to give them their own review :) )

It's rapidly approaching the time where it will have been a year that my girlfriend and I have been together (an anniversary, if you will). In an attempt to say a big 'Thank You' for the wonderful year, I'm putting together a bundle of gifts for her.

She always mentions that Lush is one of her favourite shops. Whenever we walk past we usually end up going in, a lot of the times just to enjoy the lovely (and a little bit overpowering) smell, she's used Lush products before and says she loves them and is really behind their natural, handmade and friendly ethos.

I went on the lush website and really had a good look around to find some appropriate gifts. The website layout is very helpful, with sections for; new products, bath, shower, haircare, skincare, fragrance, retro (their older products, that are now only available through mail order), and to my delight 'Gifts'

The gifts section is nicely organised into price brackets ranging from under £10 to just under £100. Each gift set is attractively and coloufully packaged with different sets designed to appeal to different people or be appropriate for different occasions.

As lovely as this was, I couldn't find a set that was just right for my girlfriend. So I endeavoured to compile my own little set based on the knowledge of compiled of her favourite scents, textures and product types (yes, I've been doing some listening :) ). With the website organised as it is, it made it quite easy to create a collection that caters for everything.

The site also features a review system which I found incredibly helpful, it's quite brave of a company to let people directly review their products, so I admire Lush for doing that. It swayed me away from some products and attracted me to others. Top Stuff.

I also used the 'wishlist' feature to put my little collection together and remember the ones I'd chosen. The checkout process was fairly standard and I had no problems there.

I was very pleased when the box arrived this morning only two days after I'd ordered it. I opened the box to find an order form ticked off and signed by an acutal human, and to my surpirse the box was packed with popcorn instead of polystyrene (regular buyers will be used to this, but I enjoyed the novely of it), which is inkeeping with their ethic and eco friendly style and I just found that really really cool.

So all in all, a great online shopping experience, thanks Lush!

• kiran8 published 29/12/2009