marks-and-spencer.co.uk

Member since : 01/02/2005
Satisfactory
Pro Selection, Sizing
Cons Delivery, Custome Service

"Started out promising, ended frustrating!"

My review is similar to others experiences. Great price (sale items), good online slection (including sizes), misleading delivery estimates, missing items and non-existent customer services.

I Placed my order on 2/09/07 with all but two items being in stock for immediate despatch, I got my confirmation email same night stating a delivery estimate of 5/9/07 - 7/9/07, except for the two out of stock items that would be shipped seperatley.

I waited, waited and waited some more by the 12/9/07 fed up of waiting I decided to email them a polite reminder that I was still awaiting my order, I was told to expect a reply within 24hrs. I never received one at all. In my opinion that's poor customer service, no if's but's or excuses.

Anyway my order has arrived today (17/9/07), unfortunatley two items were missing, when I say missing they were not in the box, or on the delivery note, so I checked my order online and they have gone off there too. (My email confirmation did list the missing items, so at least I know i'm not cracking up)

Now I haven't been charged for the items but I have two gripes about this, firstly they were in stock when I ordered and I can't help but feel they may have become out of stock due to M&S delaying my order (probably to save on shipping costs even though they said they would initially despatch the order in two stages). Secondly, surely like other online retailers they should acknowledge the out of stock items not just remove any trace you actually ordered the items and hope you don't notice or didn't want the items in the first place.

Come on M&S you base your reputation on customer service combined with quality products, if this is 'Your M&S' you can keep it.