menarys.com

published 16/09/2010 | lulu2004
Member since : 31/01/2004
Pro Simple, Straight forward experience,
Cons None Noted; Will be returning

"A great shopping Experience from Menarys.com"

I recently made a couple of purchases from menarys.com. Now, here in Northern Ireland it is quite a well known department store, but most people reading this review, I can imagine wouldn’t be all that familiar with the company. Online shopping suits me as I work full time and have an hour or two spare in the evening that I can use to surf the web and do some retail therapy. It’s win/win as far as I’m concerned.

I had not realised that Menarys had set up a website; I guess I must have been living under a stone recently as it is very well stocked and professional! It’s also nice to buy from a local firm. Menarys have traded in Northern Ireland since the 1920s. I found Menarys website from Ciao as I had searched for reviews on the coat I had my eye on.

----------------
My Purchase
----------------

I love the brand Desigual, and so I found the coat that I was looking for on the Menarys website pretty easily. Unfortunately I also found another couple of items that I didn’t need, but couldn’t resist! They stock brands such as Esprit, Desigual, Triumph, Zandra Rhodes, Fiorelli, Radley which are all extremely tempting. But don’t be misled, Menary’s also stock brands that the Silver Surfers would also appreciate. My mum loves Bianca and Gerry Weber for special occasions and now she will be able to purchase these online.

To begin your shop, simply click the “My Account” link at the top right hand corner of the home page, this gives you the opportunity to create your own account. The form to fill in is very straight forward and my account was created within moments. I made my purchases and checked out. I personally chose to pay via Paypal because I had sold a few items on Ebay and the money was sitting in there. It’s great when a site accepts Paypal- so convenient.

Shipping
------------

It took my items three days to get to me. I know that I could have driven to the nearest store and probably picked it up sooner, They were delivered via Fastway and delivery was free because I had purchased over £50. Having read the delivery information it appears that they will deliver Worldwide for variable charges. Delivery to the Republic of Ireland is also free. You simply have to enter your country and the shipping information will be displayed.

Usability
------------

In terms of usability, the interface was very intuitive. It was easy to find the sections that I wanted to, as well as having the departments visible at the top of the site, there was also a long list down the left hand side which had more detail in it. It would have been difficult to get lost.

The company are also able to take orders over the phone. The customer help line is available on every page. I didn’t personally have to ring it, but it is good to know that it is there.

-----------
Returns
-----------

I didn’t return my items, but returning seems to be quite straightforward. At the bottom of the home page there is a section called ‘help.’ You can click ‘returns’ and print out the return form then send it back to the company with the reason that it was unsuitable. Standard Postage to Northern Ireland is the same as the rest of the U.K so it shouldn’t cost too much.

All in all, a good experience and I certainly would use the menarys.com website again.

• liolia79 published 19/09/2010
    Well reviewed!
  • paulpry118 published 18/09/2010
    Well that will be why I have never heard of them if they are in NI
  • robjak published 17/09/2010